Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Miss Selfridge (yeh i think this is in the right topic)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone here work in miss selfridge?? if so what CD's do they play cos it doesnt matter which shop you go in the music is always amazing and has such a strong bass, i asked the other day in my local but they just laughed and i was a lil too embaressed to say i actually was serious and wanted to know what the CD was :blush:

anyone any ideas??

thank youuuu
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's probably their sound system which makes the tunes sound great:)

You could play cheeky girls & it would sound good.
  • Options
    Does anyone here work in miss selfridge?? if so what CD's do they play cos it doesnt matter which shop you go in the music is always amazing and has such a strong bass, i asked the other day in my local but they just laughed and i was a lil too embaressed to say i actually was serious and wanted to know what the CD was :blush:

anyone any ideas??

thank youuuu

They probably all play different CDs. It's not like they have a chosen list of tunes, probably ones staff bring in or something.

But yeah agree with the above comment, i expect they got a good sound system.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    They probably all play different CDs. It's not like they have a chosen list of tunes, probably ones staff bring in or something.

I doubt it... when I worked in Debenhams they could only play a CD with songs they had permission to play. So each store was sent the same CD and the songs were specially chosen. I wouldn've thought Miss Selfridge were the same with them being such a big company.
  • Options
    I doubt it... when I worked in Debenhams they could only play a CD with songs they had permission to play. So each store was sent the same CD and the songs were specially chosen. I wouldn've thought Miss Selfridge were the same with them being such a big company.

Hmm maybe. Wonder how many of them stick with those CDs though if thats the case.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hmm maybe. Wonder how many of them stick with those CDs though if thats the case.

Think they have to... I reckon it must be under some law? They must have to have a music licence or something?
  • Options
    Think they have to... I reckon it must be under some law? They must have to have a music licence or something?

Hmm yeah you'd think so. But then most of the people that work in the Miss Selfridge here are like 12, that'd probably go right over their tiny brains.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hmm yeah you'd think so. But then most of the people that work in the Miss Selfridge here are like 12, that'd probably go right over their tiny brains.

Haha! True... never thought about that!
  • Options
    i work at next and we get sent a new tape every month that we have to play.
  • Options
    When I worked in a shop, we had tapes sent to us that we had to play. I got bored of it and put some CDs of my own in. A few weeks later the manager found out and was not happy (because of the music license thing). Customers preferred it though!
  • Options
    They have to play the tapes they get sent so they are a) cleared for shop play (no swearing, explicit lyrics etc) and b) are licensed with the PRS for use, otherwise it breaks music licenscing laws. We did "lose" i.s destroy the xmas tape we got sent in October one year at Evens and put a shop brought one instead for december only.
  • Options
    We don't have set CD's :D. It's great. As long as it's not "fuck wank shit cunt tits" every other word, it's playable. Unless we've closed the main restaurant and it's drive-thru only, then it's like...WOOP super loud music ftw.

We had set ones in Tchibo. They were RUBBISHHHHHHHHHHHHH and I hated them :(.
  • Options
    When i worked in WHsmiths, we just played a CD from the shelves, they were all shit though.