Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Creamfield - questions!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me and my boyfriend are goin to creamfields this month, I cant wait!!!:yippe: It will be our first time to a dance festival and we dont know what to expect!!!

Do you take a tent?? Do you sit/stand outside your tents and dance to music or is it ike your in a nightclub - all dancing together. Were confused cos its on from sat afternoon till sunday mornin at 6, so when do you sleep?! Or dont you sleep?!! I feel so stupid asking questions but I've looked ever were on net and I've seen nothing!!!!

last question, can you take your own beers into the festival?!!!

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I no wrote:
    Me and my boyfriend are goin to creamfields this month, I cant wait!!!:yippe: It will be our first time to a dance festival and we dont know what to expect!!!

Expect to have fun!!!!
    Do you take a tent??

No.
    Or dont you sleep?!!

Sleep? :D

last question, can you take your own beers into the festival?!!!

No.

Last time I was at Creamfields was 2003, and Massive Attack were awesome.
    The thing is, while before Creamfields was at the Old Liverpool airport field thing, and there was even a swimming pool once upon a time and a football pitch, it's moving this year to some field in Cheshire!!
    I don't know what the layout will be and what they'll hve there.

All I care about is seeing Prodigy really.
    Few things about big festivals: while us guys can take a piss anywhere, girls have to wait in massive queues. as for Number 2, avoid it if you can... so don't eat, just drink. Prices are gonna be huge and if you got a digi camera bring lots of batteries as the ones they sell on site are rubbish.
    Don't bother taking any "recreational substances" if you look suspicious as they will search you and sometimes even take you away and make you take it all off and dogs will sniff you. It's happened to me and I wasn't even carrying anything.
    Drink lots of water.
    Don't eat and then go on rides, common sense really, but I was too drunk once to have common sense...;)

There will be lots of tents with different artists and a big radio 1 stage.
    There are a lot of undercover constables on site looking for dealers, beware.
    It'll get cold overnight, so bring extra clothes with you, them blankets they sell on site are fucken waste.

If you get any problems I will probably be around the funny knickers tent most of the night...:chin:

Anything you want to know, go here....

http://www.cream.co.uk/creamsite/ ......and click on Creamfields.

And if that's not enough, check this out...

http://www.thesite.org.uk/travelandfreetime/freetime/summerfun/festivalsaugust

16 days to go, COME ON!!:yippe:
  • Options
    I am gonna be really tired then! - got a drive from Notts. I may sounds stupid but I cant get my head around it still! Its just like other festivals you can go and still down, chill out. Is it just an massive outdoor club then?? Do you park your car near to the site then? Can you go back to your car whenever you want - I hate carrying things around me - like coats and extra clothes esp when Im dancing!

Why cant you take your own booze? - do you get searched? What is the price of booze?
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote:
    I am gonna be really tired then! - got a drive from Notts. I may sounds stupid but I cant get my head around it still! Its just like other festivals you can go and still down, chill out. Is it just an massive outdoor club then?? Do you park your car near to the site then? Can you go back to your car whenever you want - I hate carrying things around me - like coats and extra clothes esp when Im dancing!

Why cant you take your own booze? - do you get searched? What is the price of booze?

Yes, there is a great possibility you will be tired at the end of the night.
    It's like most festivals, there will be crowds but there will be places to sit down and chill out eg Strongbow Room.
    It's a massive outdoor club, yep.
    Your car will be near the area, how near I don't know for this year coz it's a new site.
    You won't be able to go in and out all the time, you will have to take shit with you unless you are not bothered and can cope with what you got on you.
    If you wanna keep warm, just stay in the tents.

You can't take your own booze because it would cause extra waste, the event is sponsored by a few drinks and they would want to milk it, like budweiser or stella or strongbow. Plus who knows what drink you are bringing in with you.

You are probably gonna get searched, almost definitely.
    Prices are over-inflated, and you will need fluids.
    If you wanna spend less, don't drink alcohol which will dehydrate you.

Relax, you'll be fine.
    type in "festivals guide" into google....
  • Options
    how badly searched will i get? i look like a sweet innocent girl really so i don't think they'll be suspicious of me but if i hide "stuff" in my bra or knickers they're not gona go in there are they?
  • Options
    To be honest the amount of people coming through, I doubt they will have much time!
    I always find the bigger the event, the less thorough the search will be!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    To be honest the amount of people coming through, I doubt they will have much time!
    I always find the bigger the event, the less thorough the search will be!

I've been to Homelands 5 times, and Creamfields 3 times, I was always searched. Both massive events. Then again, I might look suspicious!! :chin:
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    I've been to Homelands 5 times, and Creamfields 3 times, I was always searched. Both massive events. Then again, I might look suspicious!! :chin:

What I ment was that with bigger events, yeah they are still likely to search you, but there not going to make as bigger deal of it because there are so many people to go through! Just a quick tap down the sides sort of thing.

Stashing something in your underware is very unlikely to be found unless they have sniffer dogs!
  • Options
    Never been searched once myself. Just walk as if nothing is going on and don't be walking about with saucer pupils and a jaw that's hanging off the side of your face and you'll be alrite.
  • Options
    Also make sure you don't go anywhere near anyone who's smoked, or is carrying weed recently before going in. The dogs could smell it on you, which would get you a more thorough search.

p.s. hi :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    how badly searched will i get? i look like a sweet innocent girl really so i don't think they'll be suspicious of me but if i hide "stuff" in my bra or knickers they're not gona go in there are they?

That made me laugh LOADS. You rebel. ;)

BTW - me and my mate use plasters to tape dinky bags of stuff to the inside of our knickers. In case that helps...!
  • Options
    At Global they had sniffers, but I think they must have had colds? Saying that, a kid a few in front of us was taken away... Check to see if a company called Lockerbox will be there, if they are you can take a rucksack with warm clothes etc in with you and stick 'em in a Locker for later for about £5.

Have fun

might get dragged kickeing and screaming to creamfields myself...