Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Film Four

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm sure many of you have noticed Film Four is now free. It's fantastic! I always said that when I became a proper person I would pay to watch it.

I've been watching movies almost every night I've been in the house. I'd say this will do alot of damage to Sky Movies subscription.

Watched a good British one called 'Dead Man's Shoes' the other night, and I'm just after watching 'The Motorcycle Diaries'. 'The Blair Witch Project' was on as well tonight, and everyone should look out for 'Battle Royale' which I think is on soon. I remember watching it on one of their freeview weekends ages ago.

Anyone else been bingeing on Film Four recently?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been watching it loads. I watched Lost in Translation and the first night, but I've got about 10 DVD's at home that I haven't watched yet. I was always going to subscribe to Film Four as well, but only for a couple of months in order to record all the classic films, because after that they just repeat them all the time.
  • Options
    I can't get it :(
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I can't get it :(

What do you need for it because I'm currently getting it at home but we have sky digital?

I was hoping I'd be able to get it at uni with a freeview box though.
  • Options
    Yeah you can get it on freeview...
  • Options
    I have knocked off cable :lol: I thought since we still got the service that it might have updated itself. Maybe not. Not too bothered really but when it shows really good stuff it's a bit annoying.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I have knocked off cable :lol: I thought since we still got the service that it might have updated itself. Maybe not. Not too bothered really but when it shows really good stuff it's a bit annoying.

do you get free skysports and the other movie channels with that?
  • Options
    I've been watching it loads, saw that Dead Man's Shoes, Sexy Beast :heart:, The Hole, The Motorcycle Diaries and even watched Duck Soup the other day. Can't get enough of it.

They did ruin it one night by putting Notting Hill on though. I was all settled down to watch something half-decent... no chance :grump:
  • Options
    I'm loving the fact they are doing a studio Gibli season (folks who did Spirited Away), I just have this damn annoying job i have to keep going to - why can't they put them on later! I spose they are (kind of) childrens movies though.
  • Options
    LucieLu wrote:
    I'm loving the fact they are doing a studio Gibli season (folks who did Spirited Away), I just have this damn annoying job i have to keep going to - why can't they put them on later! I spose they are (kind of) childrens movies though.

Spirited Away got raving reviews, I really want to see it.

They've started repeating already. Shawshank Redemption is on tonight after being on last week! I have it on DVD as well so no point.
  • Options
    I've watched Notting Hill, Elizabeth and The Hole so far, but none of the other titles shown have stirred a single shred of excitement in me so far. :no:
  • Options
    That Japanese film on tonight looks very good. Will be watching that.

Loving film four. Some quality films on every night!
  • Options
    We've got in on Freeview, me and my Dad are addicted. Managed to catch Shawshank Redemption for the first time on Monday - why is it SO good?!

Briggi - my Dad watched Sexy Beast and said it was amazing. Great minds...!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    what channel is it on on freeview

I swear filmfour was there before it went free but now I can't find it :( or maybe its because I can't see and my tv is like a matchbox :D

Channel 31.