Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clubs/Bars For Singles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Can anyone recommend some decent clubs and bars for singles in the London area. Im sick of going out to places and being constantly surrounded by couples. Always seem to end up at the same places as well.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    What sort of music are you into? How old are you? ... and anywhere specific around London or just anywhere?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    What sort of music are you into? How old are you? ... and anywhere specific around London or just anywhere?

Im 20, not into a particular type of music really. Guess indie/rock/pop and no R+B! Not hugely into the whole emo scene though. Spend most of my time on the gay scene, getting bored though. Need some new places. Well Im based in London...anywhere really.
  • Options
    Hmmm...
    I go into London quite alot, but I generally just get drunk and end up in random places! Dont pay attention to names. :blush:

I have a thing my mate sent me a while ago where you type in what kind of thing you are looking for and it gives you options all London based. I will try and find it!
    The Walkabout in Shaftesbury Avenue is quite good, very varied music as well... for indie and rock you could try underworld in Camdon... its a bit dingy but nice atmospher.
    There is a wicked bar called Vodka Revolution, but I cant remember where it is... I will try and find out!
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Hmmm...
    I go into London quite alot, but I generally just get drunk and end up in random places! Dont pay attention to names. :blush:

I have a thing my mate sent me a while ago where you type in what kind of thing you are looking for and it gives you options all London based. I will try and find it!
    The Walkabout in Shaftesbury Avenue is quite good, very varied music as well... for indie and rock you could try underworld in Camdon... its a bit dingy but nice atmospher.
    There is a wicked bar called Vodka Revolution, but I cant remember where it is... I will try and find out!

Cheers :) Yeah Ive been to Walkabout a few times, guess you get quite a varied crowd there. Looked up Vodka Revolution, I see there are a couple around London. One in Soho, may give it a go on the weekend. Dont think Ive ever made it to the Underworld in Camden. Think its one of those places Ive always meant to go to. I do have a few regular haunts. Theres a boat called the Tattershall Castle near Embankment which nice just to chill out on and a couple of shisha places, but Ive been so much now.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    but Ive been so much now.

I have that problem... I find somewhere I like and I keep going!

I go to places like Fabric and The End, but they arnt the sort of places you are looking for... they are big dance music clubs, very loud and its all pretty much about the music... not a good place to meet someone.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I have that problem... I find somewhere I like and I keep going!

I go to places like Fabric and The End, but they arnt the sort of places you are looking for... they are big dance music clubs, very loud and its all pretty much about the music... not a good place to meet someone.

Ah Fabric, Ive been there twice. Remember my ears were ringing when I came out lol Heard The End is meant to be good. But, yeah it is hard to meet peopel in some of these environments.
  • Options
    If you are anywhere near Kensington on Sunday afternoon, pop into the Three Kings pub, a couple of my mates and their aussie friends will be there, they are very much single, hehe That is, if you can watch football....

the only thing with boat bars/clubs on the Thames is at the end of the night it's mighty hard to walk up the bridge if you're pissed, because of tide and all that.

I would suggest Chinatown, maybe BbarB (they do nice pizzas) and also there's a bar in Baker St called Vibe Bar which is a bit eclectic but fun (last time I was there one of the promo girls was dressed as Lara Croft and instead of guns she had a bottle of tequila on both sides, and instead of bullets, shotglasses, she was awesome)

The Walkabout in Covent Garden is quite friendly and comfy...
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    If you are anywhere near Kensington on Sunday afternoon, pop into the Three Kings pub, a couple of my mates and their aussie friends will be there, they are very much single, hehe That is, if you can watch football....

the only thing with boat bars/clubs on the Thames is at the end of the night it's mighty hard to walk up the bridge if you're pissed, because of tide and all that.

I would suggest Chinatown, maybe BbarB (they do nice pizzas) and also there's a bar in Baker St called Vibe Bar which is a bit eclectic but fun (last time I was there one of the promo girls was dressed as Lara Croft and instead of guns she had a bottle of tequila on both sides, and instead of bullets, shotglasses, she was awesome)

The Walkabout in Covent Garden is quite friendly and comfy...

Haha great Ill be there at Three Kings pub on Sunday picking up your friends :)
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Can anyone recommend some decent clubs and bars for singles in the London area. Im sick of going out to places and being constantly surrounded by couples. Always seem to end up at the same places as well.

I'd really love to own a single bar in London, you'd make a fortune.

I really don't understand why there isn't a bar dedicated to people that are single and looking

There's over 2 million singles in London

Many years ago tere was a bar in London with telephones on every table, if you saw someone you fancied you rung the number written above the table, was a well good idea.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Ah Fabric, Ive been there twice. Remember my ears were ringing when I came out lol Heard The End is meant to be good. But, yeah it is hard to meet peopel in some of these environments.
    I like Discotec at the End (even though it's not my "usual" music) but you're right, hard to meet people. To be honest, I've given up tryign to pull on a night out and just go with a huge group of friends. It still sucks when they all couple off after a few drinks but what can you do?
  • Options
    piccolo wrote:
    I like Discotec at the End (even though it's not my "usual" music) but you're right, hard to meet people. To be honest, I've given up tryign to pull on a night out and just go with a huge group of friends. It still sucks when they all couple off after a few drinks but what can you do?

May give it a whirl at some point, although I am beginning to get tired of going to clubs. Been so much! Ive also realised its a bit unfair to drag straight friends to gay clubs. Not so much fun for them as they have to drool over people they probably dont have a chance with. Think Ill be opting for going with a group of people again soon and give up on trying to pull as such. Probably more likely to have an enjoyable night.