Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Latest Scam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive just got a phone call from
and there was just a noise in the background and then they hung up. so i went onto google and typed the number in, and it took me to a forum where a guy was askin about it. and aparently the numbers been ringing up all sorts of people trying to get them to buy different things, phones, car insurance, and a couple of people have handed over bank details.
i just thought id spread the word and warn people on this site to watch out for the number and not even bother answering it

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Theres millions of these sort of numbers.

Common sense is never buy from a cold call.
  • Options
    You cant con an honest man. Not always true but often is.

If you enough of a mug to give your bank details to some stranger over the phone then do you not sort of deserve it?

Natural selection isnt it.
  • Options
    that scam is also not the latest scam either
  • Options
    im sorry... i do apologise
    *changes thread name to read SCAM*
  • Options
    sorry i got confused between this one and a paypal one i saw earlier, tis my fault, though this kinda scam has been around for a while, a word of advice, never give out any details to supposed employees of firms, whos details you should allready have on your screen
  • Options
    I caught my mum doing this today, Though she did say that she didnt hand out a security code or anything but still. Got me worried now.

It was for some income replacement health thingy
  • Options
    Something similar happened to me before christmas, a lady rang up my work phone and i couldn't understand half of what she was saying but she basically said she was going to send me a free phone can't remember which one, on orange network and asked me how much i paid a month for bills etc, then started asking for my bank details very odd :eek2:
  • Options

i signed up to this number, and to be perfectly honest i had a cracking deal, and british customer services, FOR A CHANGE! hats off to them id recommend them any day, the company is communication direct ive had my phone for over a year now and still deal with them,
  • Options
    Dead. Thread.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lea_uk wrote:
    Dead. Thread.
    I think the TM phrase is "Thread. Dead." :p
  • Options
    I think the TM phrase is "Thread. Dead." :p
    Yeah, but I like to be different.
  • Options
    i work for hsbc and if you are familiar with the direct debit guarentee u would realise that you are full covered just make sure u dont give your card details out otherwise ur in trouble,
  • Options
    ric201 wrote:
    i work for hsbc and if you are familiar with the direct debit guarentee u would realise that you are full covered just make sure u dont give your card details out otherwise ur in trouble,

go away
  • Options
    Wow, now people are digging up year old threads just to try to con a few more people. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Communications Direct are shit, well last year they were. When I worked in Customer Options for 3 we had 48389320284992312084393 people not getting their cash back, copies of their contract and other shit.

And it's Carphone Warehouse/The Link/Phones 4 U that pass on your information to 3rd party dealers who contact you on yer mobile, so if you do take out a contract in future makeMAKEmakeMAKEmake sure you tick the "Do not pass my information onto 3rd party" box. :)
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If you enough of a mug to give your bank details to some stranger over the phone then do you not sort of deserve it?

Very true. Now i need to tell you you've won the Canadian Lottery $7,500,000 but we need you to pay a 'release fee' so we can send you the money .............................. :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Very true. Now i need to tell you you've won the Canadian Lottery $7,500,000 but we need you to pay a 'release fee' so we can send you the money .............................. :)

I've never played the canadian lottery which probably makes my chances as good as someone who does play, how much money do you want?