Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Walking The Dog

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never owned a dog.. so enlighten me .. what would happen if you didn't actually take your dog out for a walk?

Comments

• Options
    They would crap all over your house.

Or if you let it into the garden to do the toilet and didnt walk it then it would wreck your house with boredom, they have energy that needs burnt off. Archie is a nightmare if I havent been able to walk him.
  • Options
    Our dog - a nine year old Border Collie - gets well bored if she doesn't get a minimum three mile walk every day. She gets listless and won't play with toys or anything. She wanders around the house for a bit, lays down and sighs, then gets up, wanders, sits down and sighs... etc etc. Keeps going until someone gets fed up with her and takes her out!
  • Options
    Our dog - a nine year old Border Collie - gets well bored if she doesn't get a minimum three mile walk every day. She gets listless and won't play with toys or anything. She wanders around the house for a bit, lays down and sighs, then gets up, wanders, sits down and sighs... etc etc. Keeps going until someone gets fed up with her and takes her out!
    Archie is the total opposite, he goes into hyperactive mode.
  • Options
    it would get fat
  • Options
    Same thing that would happen to you if you never left your room. You'd get unhealthy, fat and either totally mental or utterly depressed.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    your balls would explode...

...oh, you didn't mean THAT walking the dog :p

ya sex mad up North aint ya!! :D
  • Options
    they'd get unhealthy, frustrated, bark alot, and do their business everywhere.
    And after a long walk it keeps them quiet!
  • Options
    Actually, my dog hasn't been out for a proper walk since March (she snapped one hind cruciate ligament, then just as she was recovered enough from the surgery to start her walks again, she snapped the other) and she just used to sleep all the time and look
    dejected (the sleeping may have been because she was off her tits on doggy painkillers though...). And she was on starvation rations of food as she had a weight problem anyway.

But her new insurance provider paid for a course of hydrotherapy, so now she swims twice a week instead and has become a new dog. It's very cute. AND she's lost almost all her excess weight. Win!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

Our dog at home is the same. I never can be arsed walking the dog, too much effort.
  • Options
    what everyone else has said, but add behaviour problems.

Makes me sad that theres people who never walk their dogs :(

My dog loves his walks so much. He gets 3 per day, i do the long evening walk and at 6pm every day he looks around the house for me, then when he's found me he just sits there staring me out!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    what everyone else has said, but add behaviour problems.

Makes me sad that theres people who never walk their dogs :(

My dog loves his walks so much. He gets 3 per day, i do the long evening walk and at 6pm every day he looks around the house for me, then when he's found me he just sits there staring me out!
    :yes: theres a family up the road from me, who live off benefits yet they somehow got this massive pedigree dog (not sure what type) and they never let it out of the house.
    Whats the point in having a dog if you don't walk it?
  • Options
    Our greyhound just lies there looking bored, just as usual. But Millie goes off the walls even worse than she usually is. Everytime I come downstairs she bounces at me and starts jumping on me.

It's like >.<.
  • Options
    Ben is awful when he realises he's going for a walk. He's out the door, down the street and back home again before you've got the lead on him. It doesn't help that he has a harness instead of just attaching the lead to his collar either, he has to wait even longer while it's clipped on and his legs are put through it.... and he's wlaking as you're doing this :rolleyes: