Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye bath

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone think of an eye bath solution i can make at home till i can get to the chemist tomorrow ? I've got an infected eye lid, and got some drops from the chemist today for it, but it's (sorry for this) weeping pus into my eye which stings a bit and want something i can use to flush it out. I was thinking boiled water and a bit of salt.

Comments

• Options
    The only thing I would suggest is boiled water and then bathe your eye with that (as hot as you can stand water), thats all ive ever done when had an eye infection.

ello you :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    most eye washes are saline (salt+water) tho' i wouldn't recommend you make that and try it in your eye. just wash it out in plain water. :yes:
  • Options
    boiling water + eye = owwie
  • Options
    Just use warm water and get come proper stuff tommorow.
  • Options
    why is it that when i hear about "eye bath" i imagine eyeballs floating in the bath :(

it should be called eye rinse, or eye wash or something. But not eye shower, that'd make me think of being in the shower and eyes coming out instead of water.

I bet that was a useful reply for you :thumb:
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    LOL I will never look at eyebath the same way again