Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long after sex before the side effects kick in

How long after having unprotected sex (while fertile) would it take before you started getting the pregnancy symptoms? Today I've been feeling abit crap, really emotional, abit more saliva than usual and abit sick, but, in all honesty, I'll admit that all symptoms I'm probably exadurating and aren't anywhere near as what they should be if I was pregnant. Tho was just wondering if trying to conceive how long would it actually be before you get that little idea?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started getting symptoms about a week before i was due on i think.
  • Options
    i've heard of some cases where some women still have their period. Is this somet that's common? I've been feeling really emotional for ages now and it's been a few weeks since my period so can't be that. Only other option is the depression I used to suffer but I'd rather not think that it's that. :(
  • Options
    I think you really need to stop looking for what possibly is nothing as otherwise every month you are gonna be up for what could be disapointment.
    Some women do carry on bleeding yes but it's not that common. How long have you been trying? It can take some people a fair few months + to conceive.
    PLease don't make this all you are thinking about as it probably will send you back into depression.
    Sure do all you can to help your chances but try to carry on with your life and wait for things to happen when they are ready.
  • Options
    i'm not sittin around thinkin about it constantly, just that when i woke up today i felt crappy n was thinkin about it. been trying for about 2 months so not really any reason to worry yet.
  • Options
    Well the only way you will know is to take a test.
    Way i see it is if it's strong enough to make you feel crap then it's strong enough to show up on a test.
    When are you due on?
  • Options
    not for about a week or two anyway. as i said in the 1st post, probably just wishful thinking anyway.
  • Options
    you just wont know until youre due to take a test. Ive had "pregnancy symptoms" more times than i can count, when i wasnt even pregnant, and then times when i have been pregnant, i haent necessarily had any symptoms, or not straight away.
    Just wait till youre due your period and then test. If you really cant wait, then you can test a few days before, but its not as accurate.
    Dont torture yourself though, try not to think about it too much in advance because although some people fall quickly, others take months or years, and if you cant think of anything else, its gonna be torture for you. I know this.
    www.babyworld.co.uk and www.ukparents.co.uk both have trying to concieve boards amongst their forums, which you might find quite supportive as theyre both popular boards and theyre more likely to understand what youre going through than the majority of people on here tbh (although people on here can be great, most people here are trying NOT to get pregnant in general)