Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Erm, I broke my Ipod.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I sort of put my Ipod nano in my jeans back pocket, and because it's so small I sort of forgot about it, and then I sat down, and still didn't notice it. So the screen inside is cracked and rainbow like, you can't see a letter.

It still works, but it's a little inconvenient. Just wondering if that would be covered under warrenty, I've not had it long, but not sure where the info is at the moment. Knew I should've stuck it on ebay and had the money. :p

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure... my friend did that, but he's got a new one. I don't know if he claimed on his warranty.

I know my iPod mini warranty states that if I break it, it's not covered to be replaced (not to those exact words) but if it breaks through general careful use it is. I can't imagine our warrantys would be that different :)
  • Options
    It still works, but it's a little inconvenient. Just wondering if that would be covered under warrenty, I've not had it long, but not sure where the info is at the moment. Knew I should've stuck it on ebay and had the money. :p

Definitely not.
  • Options
    I sort of put my Ipod nano in my jeans back pocket, and because it's so small I sort of forgot about it, and then I sat down, and still didn't notice it. So the screen inside is cracked and rainbow like, you can't see a letter.

no way is it covered .. however if you bought it on a credit card they might have some accidental insurance thingy for things you buy and then break by accident.
  • Options
    Try ringing apple first, If you can't get a replacement then you *can* buy the LCD screen and take the nano apart and fit the screen. Quite tricky but there's probably some people on here who'd do it for you :-)