Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

student bank accounts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
whos the best to go with from personal opinions and who is everyone with?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not much difference between them all - they'll all fuck you over given the chance.

HSBC have been OK, Natwest have been pure turd.
  • Options
    Tell me about it. Natwest tried to con me out of the 5 year free rail card when joining up with their student account because it wasn't my first year of higher education. Yet when I had applied during my first year they said the course wasn't valid for the account until the second "because you're not told it's a degree course until then". Bizzare.

Like a fool, I accepted it but when I headed off to uni the year after I wrote to the bank and headquarters. The bank protested they were right and I wouldn't be entitled to the incentive under any circumstances - until I presented an e-mail from the headquarters telling them I had been supplied the wrong information. I got my rail card (even though I had just paid £20 for a yearly one, d'oh!) but I shouldn't have had to go through all that.

Unless the railcard is up your street (which it will be to many students) go elsewhere.
  • Options