Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

trying to be clever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I decided to buy a domain.

My plan is to develop this into a website for a local group. However, its probably clear i have no idea what i'm doing. So while i'm learning and stealing help from anywhere i can..
I want to put up a msg on the site just explaining what it is and that its under construction and with a link to the old site.

Now if anyone REALLY nice wants to help me do that i would be eternally grateful!!

It is for a non profit making org, otherwise i'd prob just hire someone to make it rather than blag it myself lol

So... HELP please!!

Comments

• Options
    Well, you've got your domain well done:)

Have you got any hosting?
  • Options
    erm.. well if i'd stayed with freeola i could have got all kinds of stuff, but i've transfered it over to my dns thing.. dont ask me how i pulled that one off lol So does that mean i wont get all the stuff that i signed up for in the first place?
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    erm.. well if i'd stayed with freeola i could have got all kinds of stuff, but i've transfered it over to my dns thing.. dont ask me how i pulled that one off lol So does that mean i wont get all the stuff that i signed up for in the first place?

:confused: Thats confusing, erm so if i get this right you've got all your stuff you had on this "freeola" server ?

What normaly comes with getting domain is you then get some hosting from where ever it be, and then you link them up and then you put your website on...
  • Options
    lol
    thanks for trying to help.
    i dont think im explaining it enough at all...
    Im not sure what else to say.. lol
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    lol
    thanks for trying to help.
    i dont think im explaining it enough at all...
    Im not sure what else to say.. lol
    anything but lol!
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    Im not sure what else to say...

Well break it down step by step...

Like this

> I have hosting
    > I Have domain

I want a website! - Then you explain what type of stuff you want ect...