Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows Defender

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Trying to install but it just tells me that I need an update and points me to the requirements page on MS. I have SP installed and all updates from this month dating back to 2005.

Comments

• Options
    Tryed a windows update?

If you got any hidden updates have a look at those...
  • Options
    I'm having a nightmare getting it to update, even after completely removing anti-spyware then installing it clean, it just doesn't seem to want to pick up updates
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Trying to install but it just tells me that I need an update and points me to the requirements page on MS. I have SP installed and all updates from this month dating back to 2005.

To be honest I'd want something that protected me from anything microsoft!!
  • Options
    Anti-spyware was a great piece of software tbh, originally from Giant before the Microsoft buyout - and to be honest if anyone knows which loopholes to block then it should be Microsoft - it's just the rebranding to Defender than seems to have a load of glitches.
  • Options
    I've got it installed and running and its very quiet and i dont even remember its there half of the time:wave:
  • Options
    Yup Anti Spy was great, loved that. I was reading on Digg about it and SO many people have problems with it. What other good freeware stuff is there apart from Ad-Aware?