Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost my mate.

Not sure where to start really. I know there's not much advice to give me but I just need to get this off my chest because it's really bugging me.

Basically, I had this best friend, every day at school we'd spend almost all day by each other's side, talking and what not and we'd see each other almost every night after school and we used to skieve to smoke pot together alot too. This was for about 2 yrs, I'd never had such a great friend there to help me through the bad times and listen to my problems.

About this time last yr he started seein a girl from school who never exactly liked me, infact, she was one of those who said i was trying to hard to be weird. Which is funny considering she's the one walking around with lines drawn on her face with make up, all's I did was speak my mind n if what i had to say was abit odd then so what. Anyway, since they got together we gradually stopped seein each other as much because we both had work etc or college etc plus he was seein her n I had my bf.

It got to about december and I went round to drop off his xmas present, we didn't chat much because I was in a rush but he seemed abit down. We didn't talk on msn much either, around feb when it was my bday i emailed him to see if he wnted to come out wiht it bein my 18th, he said he couldn't, couldn't explain and that i'd to just try n understand. So fair enough, since then, he'd blocked me on MSN and I sent him the odd email asking him what was up because I was genuinely worried he seemed really down all the time and even though I didn't see him anymore my mates said they thought so too.

One night we went to see a mate's band play, me n my bf walked into the pub and about 10 minutes later my mate and his girlfriend literally ran out, I hadn't even noticed they were in there. His mate told me whne we walked in they hid round the back and tried to think of an escape route. I don't have a clue why. After that day, the mate who told me who is my mate and theirs was trying to find out what their problem was, and we got into a big argument via msn, although I was blocked so we were having to pass messages thru the mate. My mate kept saying I'd been sending nasty emails etc which I really really hadn't. I got an email about a day or two later saying that when he said he cared about me he lied to just keep me quiet, that i was never a good friend and that he never wants me in his life again, and never to try contact him. That is literally the last thing I heard from him.

That was about.. 3-4 months ago now, maybe longer. I miss him so much, even though I have my bf who is great and always there for me I miss having my mate to chat to too, I wish I could ring him and ask how he's getitng on and if he's excited about goin to uni. Sometimes I find I dream that he's come online and started chattin, or I see him in the street and he's said hi, n I wake up proper miserable because I still can't talk to him. People probably don't understand why I'm so obsessed about it but he was the only one there for me when I needed someone when I had problems. I dont know why he won't speak to me, whether it's me or because his gf dislikes me but it bugs me so much I just wish he would email me or somethin, even if it just said hi. Just so I know how he really felt.

Whether I'm in the wrong or not, I've said sorry and I will do anything to have my friend back.

Sorry for the bad punctuation and lack of paragraphs, I got abit carried away writing. If anyone can suggest anything then thanks in advanced.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Just gonna edit it for paragraphs - really is hard to read.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry :( lol
  • Options
    u should read the thread i started. i kinda feel in the same position as u, although i didnt know th guy im talkin about as long as the guy u know. or knew. it fuckin sucks wn a guy uv been close to who u think connects to u, suddenly doesnt want to communicate or see u again. i personally feel ive lost a part of myself.
  • Options
    tell me about it :/ noone really seems to understand what the big deal is either tho. i want him to be happy n that but i didn't realise i was makin him unhappy to start with.
  • Options
    i dont think u were makin him unhappy at the time. think u have been there for eachother. people grow an realise they need someone else. but it doesnt excuse them for cuttin u out of their lives completely so suddenly especially if uv been honest with them, tellin the guy u hav missed him and is worried about him. that is what happened exactly to me, u not alone