Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strange things that pets do

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What weird things do your pets do? My dog has a fear of ladders and goes bonkers whenever she sees any. So you can imagine what its like when the window cleaners come...

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My dad's younger dog is crazy. At one time she was standing next to an open door, with her back to it. Then (all this happened in 2 seconds) she turned around, put both front legs in, then suddenly turned around again and ran off. For no apparent reason.
    The other day, she got scared by her food.
  • Options
    I was thinking of posting this earlier... my dogs in a mental mood.

When I'm at this computer, you can turn around and see into my living room, but the end of the sette cuts off some of your view. For the last three days, the dog has been barking at me - then hiding behind the sette and just sticking his nose out.

I've tried everything, giving him food, giving him treats, letting him outside... he purely is doing it for fun. Moron.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    One of my cats gallops sideways. Another chases her tail. The other one has zero sense of balance and is just dippy. He tried to climb the wall the other day.

My doggie used to bark and bite the hoover as he was scared of it :)
  • Options
    Oh, and my uncle's doggie:
    We were sitting at a table, and she was lying in front of my feet, only about 2 centimeters from the table's leg. Then a cat passed by, and she stood up to go bark at it. She managed to hit her head on the table leg.
  • Options
    Ah, also....not long ago my mum had dropped my brother off at school - then usually goes to my grandparents to do shopping or whatever. And she takes the dog cause she likes to go up there and my grandparents enjoy her being there. So with it being hot recently, the dog sits in the front seat footwell instead of the boot. After my brother had got out of the car she jumped into his seat to see where he was going and ended up staying there. My grandparents live in the country so when my mum was driving up - a rabbit sprung out of the hedge and was running down the road infront of the car. My dog forgot she was in the car and tried to jump out after it....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Also by my uncle's dog:
    Whenever they have a visitor and the visitor is about to leave, she "inspects" the lift before letting him go in.
  • Options
    One of our dogs sometimes tries to jump up at the letterbox when someone puts something through it...unfortunately, he hasn't leanrt how to brng it into the front room yet.

when the other dog was younger, she always used to bark at the hoover.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Ah, also....not long ago my mum had dropped my brother off at school - then usually goes to my grandparents to do shopping or whatever. And she takes the dog cause she likes to go up there and my grandparents enjoy her being there. So with it being hot recently, the dog sits in the front seat footwell instead of the boot. After my brother had got out of the car she jumped into his seat to see where he was going and ended up staying there. My grandparents live in the country so when my mum was driving up - a rabbit sprung out of the hedge and was running down the road infront of the car. My dog forgot she was in the car and tried to jump out after it....:rolleyes:

Poor dog, that must have hurt her.
  • Options
    My dog, Sophie will run into the living room from the hall, and jump up onto the sofa and sit on the arm - all to watch whoever's just walked out the front door, walk down the path.
    She also grabs the post out of the letter box and brings it into the living room.
    She knows the name of every cuddly toy including Spot, Teddy, Puppy, Sir Humpalot, Wheelie and Suzi Spider.
    She knows what 'back in a minute' means and will jump off your lap when you say 'I've got to get up' :D
    Sophie LOVES nicking tissue out of your hand, hiding under the coffee table with it and ripping it up.
  • Options
    My new rabbit thinks it's a great game when I try to pick her up, and runs around her cage like a mad thing. As soon as I catch her - this can take some time - she goes really floppy like a ragdoll and snuggles up for fuss.

Another rabbit will carry straw or newspaper in his mouth and hop back and forth in his cage if he wants attention, he also makes a grunting noise when he is happy, like 'vvvt vvvt vvvt'. The only other rabbit I've known to make this noise was his dad.

Daisy (you guessed it, another rabbit) gets really jealous whenever there are any other female rabbits in the garden, and will sulk with her back towards us for days.

A guinea pig we used to have that lived inside could find his way from the front door all the way to his cage in the living room, run to it and climb back in!
  • Options
    when i take my dog oscar out for a walk and i turn back before he's ready to go - he will run off ahead of me before turning back and charging back towards me reeally fast. just before you think he's going to hit you he veers off to the side before doing it again.. and again and again, until you get back to the car and he has no choice but to stop ;) one time he didnt veer off in time and he knocked me over. hurt like hell!!!

my other dog chico also likes to crawl across the floor with his legs trailing behind him. its a bit of a competition in our house as to who can get him to crawl the longest before he gets up ;) ive managed to make him do it for 10 meters :yes:

and suzie (who is miniature sausage dog) - because she has really short legs, sometimes when she runs too fast her back legs go faster than her front ones and she does backward flips :lol: soo amusing to watch!
  • Options
    Is this a "sausage dog?"

They are my favorite, I want one so bad :(

The mans parents dog eats toilet bowl cleaner (twice) boy was his dad pissed after that, said it cost him a few hundred dollars at the vet!

She also eats rabbit poop.

And she does this thing, his dad will mix human food (like ham or other meat) in with her dog food, she'll eat the human food and will manage not to have a bit of the dog food.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my grandad's old dog used to sing along to emmerdale and corrie, and i used to ring me nan up especially to listen to him yodel away in the background!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    my grandad's old dog used to sing along to emmerdale and corrie, and i used to ring me nan up especially to listen to him yodel away in the background!
    aaaaaaawwwwww!

my aunts dog likes to watch any sport involving a ball on tv. And say when golfs on and the guy is swinging back ready to hit the ball....she starts backing up ready to catch it like its going to come out of the tv!
  • Options
    When my dad was watching football on TV, his cat used to climb on it and try to catch the ball.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Is this a "sausage dog?"

They are my favorite, I want one so bad :(

The mans parents dog eats toilet bowl cleaner (twice) boy was his dad pissed after that, said it cost him a few hundred dollars at the vet!

She also eats rabbit poop.

And she does this thing, his dad will mix human food (like ham or other meat) in with her dog food, she'll eat the human food and will manage not to have a bit of the dog food.

yep thats a sausage dog - well, a miniature one anyway!! thats what i have except mine is long haired :)

all my dogs eat poop too btw :rolleyes: pretty gross. especially when it was fresh stuff like it was the other day
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    yep thats a sausage dog - well, a miniature one anyway!! thats what i have except mine is long haired :)

all my dogs eat poop too btw :rolleyes: pretty gross. especially when it was fresh stuff like it was the other day

They are so cute. My mom had one growing up, my grandma made it a sleeping bag and they would call it in the morning and it would stick its nose out of it, I've seen pictures :heart: Your so lucky.
  • Options
    my dads old dog used to wait for the ice cream van to get to the top of the road (before he turned and came back down) then go and lie in the middle of the road so he couldn't get back down. He used to beep his horn and everything and she wouldn't budge. Eventually he had to give her an ice cream before she'd move.
  • Options
    my dog:
    barks at the vacuum cleaner
    is scared of the ironing board
    will quite happily sit on the back of the sofa to watch people walk past
    will drag herself along the floor
    will run round the house like a nutter for no apparant reason (bouncing off sofas and running into radiators etc)
  • Options
    This thread makes me want a puppy :(