Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vieira to Old Trafford?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story

Vieira and Carrick? United may stand some kind of chance this season if they can find a decent striker in time. Thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think he's past his peak.
  • Options
    Vieira is now an Inter player.
  • Options
    *double bubble
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Vieira is now an Inter player.

My bad. The BBC aren't as quick on the uptake as Setanta or Sky. He is expected to sign for Inter next week.

Sky article
  • Options
    I wouldn't have really liked him at Old Trafford because I've never been too fond of him as a person and we would've got 2 seasons at best.

Though I did have the text message ready for my gooner mates: 'If you can't beat them, join them!'
  • Options
    I don't think he would of gone ManUre anyway.
  • Options
    Well he as quoted as saying "Every player wants to play for a club like Manchester United." He's just a couple of years too late.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Well he as quoted as saying "Every player wants to play for a club like Manchester United." He's just a couple of years too late.

Surely you don't fall for that old pony?
  • Options
    Surely you don't fall for that old pony?

Yeah i really cant imagine him going there EVER. Not after all those years with Arsenal. No way.
  • Options
    Nah, it was never going to happen and TBH I am sure that Fergie didn't even want it to happen. Not after all he has said about the club before, not after he turned down previous approaches and not when it would only be used as a bargaining chip for his more to Inter.
  • Options
    It's not as if he was ever real loyal to Arsenal anyway. He held them ransom every year flirting with Real Madrid and then demanding wage hikes to stay.

He would've been a good acquisition for United a couple of years ago, but he'd never come while Keano was there.

And even when this year's speculation came around, I never believed we'd see him in a red shirt. Bring me Mascherano instead please. :yum:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Bring me Mascherano instead please. :yum:

:yes:

Even at the £20m figure I saw quoted in the press...

Good job it's not me who has to balance the books really.
  • Options
    :yes:

Even at the £20m figure I saw quoted in the press...

Good job it's not me who has to balance the books really.

Well it's spend that on Mascherano getting good young quality...

or

Spend £4m on Senna, who would be an older stop gap but it would leave money for a striker.

You think we need a striker?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Well it's spend that on Mascherano getting good young quality...

or

Spend £4m on Senna, who would be an older stop gap but it would leave money for a striker.

You think we need a striker?

Most definately, Saha is a good back up player but I don't think he will do it against top teams and we'll need that. Rossi, Brandy and Campbell are too young at the moment but all show significant potential. Until they mature we need someone who will get 20 goals per season otherwise we are just back where we were before Cole arrived.

I could live with a stop gap provided Fergie had the £20m or so next season to boost the midfield further because I think that Scholes/Smith/Giggs/Fletcher can play alongside Carrick (or any two from that) - I just worry about the cover if a couple of those pick up injuries and I'm not convinced that Fletcher is good enough for some of the games.
  • Options
    Most definately, Saha is a good back up player but I don't think he will do it against top teams and we'll need that. Rossi, Brandy and Campbell are too young at the moment but all show significant potential. Until they mature we need someone who will get 20 goals per season otherwise we are just back where we were before Cole arrived.

I could live with a stop gap provided Fergie had the £20m or so next season to boost the midfield further because I think that Scholes/Smith/Giggs/Fletcher can play alongside Carrick (or any two from that) - I just worry about the cover if a couple of those pick up injuries and I'm not convinced that Fletcher is good enough for some of the games.

I think Rossi needs his chance but he should be used sparingly. I'd also like to see Fergie give Bardsley more opportunities and maybe even Jones as well, but I don't think I'd use any of them in big games.

Fletcher's alright if you use him in the middle, but he's not the answer. He's a squad player at best.

I'm just wondering who's going to score the goals. Unless they get shared out around the team more. Chelsea won the league without a prolific striker. I don't think it's beyond Rooney to get 20 goals. I'm looking forward to seeing him play this season. Saha is fantastic on his day but you can see him getting injured.

Maybe getting one of Juve's strikers on the cheap would be a good option. I hope they don't get reinstated to Serie A, but I've got a feeling they will be.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I think Rossi needs his chance but he should be used sparingly. I'd also like to see Fergie give Bardsley more opportunities and maybe even Jones as well, but I don't think I'd use any of them in big games.

nah, you are looking at lower league sides in cup games, when we're already through in Champions League or lower prem teams for those.

That said, Bardsley is being groomed to replace Neville.
    I'm just wondering who's going to score the goals. Unless they get shared out around the team more. Chelsea won the league without a prolific striker. I don't think it's beyond Rooney to get 20 goals. I'm looking forward to seeing him play this season. Saha is fantastic on his day but you can see him getting injured.

I don't think that we have the team to do that any more. Not like the first premier title when everyone scored (and I'll never forget Pally scoring in the last game vs. Blackburn). Saha is injury prone and Solksjaer has to show himself and the boss that he is back to his best. I agree that goals could be an issue and that would cost us a title.
    Maybe getting one of Juve's strikers on the cheap would be a good option. I hope they don't get reinstated to Serie A, but I've got a feeling they will be.

Trez would be okay, Ibrahimovic not so. Heard as whisper about Martins from Inter the other day. Interestingly different, I thought.