Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people say i have changed since, what??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
since i have been going out with my girlfriend, my supposed best friend has been a right bastard to me and her. he says that she is really boring and that i have now turned boring. apparently a few people think this. just because i dont spend as much time with them any more, what the hell is there problem, they dont realise that is hurts when they say this, i cant stand being called boring, ive never been calleed that before in my life. my mate constantly says that im obsessed with her, is he jealous? just cause he cant get any! i get on great with her and a few people make these sarcy comments about our relationship, this really pisses me off, i feel just like strangling them! they now say im boring, fuck them!

Comments

• Options
    Personally i know the drill. Since the age of 13 my ex best mate (although we're mates still) has been engaged and so on. She just drops me at the arrival of a new one and comes to me when things go wrong. But accordingly i don't think she knows she does it so she just thinks i get bitches. I don't have the heart to let her know.
    Make sure you don't do that. Go out together as a couple but don't be all over each other, leave them to get on etc..... then also go out you two alone and just with your other mates.
    Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    Hmmm...this sounds familiar actually. I don't know what to suggest - maybe you have to be able to divide ur time between friends and gf, and not combine friends and gf together (if that makes sense??).

Alternitavely, you have to sit down and tlak to ur best mates nad say "listen, u reckon i've changed: how, adn what do u think i ought to do about it that will please you?". listen to what they want then reach a compromise that means u get to please ur gf and ur mates.

Cos i'm thinking about a brand new hope, one i've never known, and where it goes, cos now I know it's all that wanted.
  • Options
    ur mate is most prob jelous, i have been with jamie 4 nearly 13 months and i am nearly always with him, i just enjoy his company. f ur mates r gonna slag u off then r they worth it?? u should go out all together and evry once in a while go out separatly, just dont listen if they slag u off1

jo xx~~xx
  • Options
    maybe ur mates r jealous or maybe they think that u have been neglecting them for this new girl.

maybe u shud try to spend more time with ur mates and not talk about her as much as u would normally. i had a friend who talked about her bf 24/7 and it just pissed meoff coz it was like, i don't fcukin giv a shit about what u did last nite coz i werent even friends wiv her that much. It got really annoying tho, and sometimes i just had to walk away.

Im not saying ur like that, but if all they eva hear is about ur new gf, then it can get tiresome.

There's a girl in my mirror
    I wonder who she is
    Sometimes I think I know her
    Sometimes I really wish I did
  • Options
    i purposely not try and talk about her in front of my selected mates. my mates with girlfriends kinda understand, buyt the ones who dont get pissed off, but i dont talk about her. he mentions her randomly and calls her boring and shit. and these girls who are suppose to be her best friends slag her off to me and stuff. i dont understand why they do this.
  • Options
    I know what you mean. My ex said to me once that i have become boring since meeting an "OLDER MAN" (8 years older!!!!) but in actual fact what would he know coz he never payed attention to me anyway. And i don't think i have changed i just found someone who thinks like me, all comes down to the girls maturing faster than lads...no offence.

As far as friends go, it is important not to drop them when you are in a relationship coz you don't know when you are gonna need them.

Are any of your friends in relationships? Could be they are jealous if not, or could be just because you are "different" because you have got a partner. That doesn't make you any different though, your still the same person. I think they need to get a life and stop messing about with yours.

• Options
    its very easy to drop your mates at the first sign of a new love, and understandably they get pissed off about it. make sure you give enough time to both your friends and your girlfriend. if that doesn't make them happy then sod 'em, you like her and thats all that matters!!!

i'm not denying that women are stupid; God made us to match the men.