Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Schlorship essays

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm in the process of applying for some schlorships. I have a copule general questions on them. Do essays need titles? Do they need some sort of by: name at the end? If so, do you count those in the word count?

Its been years since I've had to do any writing at all and theres really no instructions besides then, needs to be fewer than x amount of words and must be in english and all that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    First of all, thank you very much, so be prepared when I start harassing you ;)

The schlorships I got aren't for anything specific, I've printed off a few from a website, they are all just from different places offering different amounts of money (usually only 1k) This link is an example, the first one I'm looking at, it really doesn't give any explination on how to write it. :(
    http://www.easyaid.com/scholarship_form.html

Though Ed just said he has a book "The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers" but its hardly a research paper :p

Thanks again! :D
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Thank you! Now I just have to figure out which one of these moronic questions to answer first. 500 words on what city you want to live in and why? Blegh :\

The peer pressure one too. Eww.

If only Ed wasn't around so I could drink before I write ;)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Shit that's hard. And 500 words is nothing tbh. It's only about a paragraph, it's so hard to say all you'd like to. Good luck with it, and do let me know if you want any more help or want me to read anything for you.

I wonder if the city you choose means anything, or whether it's all about the way you write it? :chin:

Probably about how you write it I guess.

What's the other question?
  • Options
    Right now I have four different scholorships the questions are:

How one instance of peer pressure has made a positive or negative impacton your life and if given the chance, you would change this instance.

Assume that you have recently finished your first year as mayor of your city. At the end of the year there is 1million dollars left in the budget. You must spend this money within your community. What would you spend it on and why?
    or
    Assume that your neighborhood has recently seen a drastic increase in crim.e Further assume that you have 100 individual home owners and no commercial property located in your neighborhood. Outline a three step plan to help reduse the crime rate in your area.

If you could pick any city in the world to live in, what city would it be and why?
    or
    Suppose you have just inherited 1million dollars. You are instructed to give the entire sum of money to one charity. What charity would you pick and why?
    or
    What do you think of the current immigration policies mployed in your country. Too lenient, too stringent, or precisely where they need to be?

Or this one, which I'm definatly doing first: Why is the comletion of a postsecondary program important to you and what do you hope to achieve once you get a degree?