Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

aghh help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Erm does anyone know how to get a BIG tea stain out of my parents' brand newcream coloured carpet?! :nervous:
I spilt a big mug of it and I've tried hot water, fairy liquid and Vanish carpet stain remover and nothing really seems to be working....

Comments

• Options
    1001?

Or water and salt as the salt should absorb the stain. Or does that only work on blood and red wine?
  • Options
    theres an amazing product called ...google!
  • Options
  • Options
    Google isn't some magic stain remover, you can't find everything out from there :p.

Be nice Rolly, she's only asking about a teastain. It's not as if she is trying to find out the capital of Japan or some pictures of Johnny Depp :rolleyes:

ETA - well your post above proves me wrong, doesn't it!
  • Options
    Most sites say this -

Remove tea stains from carpet, blot, if still fresh. Moisten with cool water. Sprinkle with sugar-free lemonade .Wait a bit, then rinse thoroughly with wet towels. Repeat as necessary.
  • Options
    I am no sure that most suggestions on websites will work now though. Since you have already attaked the carpet with other products
  • Options
    Google isn't some magic stain remover, you can't find everything out from there :p.

Be nice Rolly, she's only asking about a teastain. It's not as if she is trying to find out the capital of Japan or some pictures of Johnny Depp :rolleyes:

ETA - well your post above proves me wrong, doesn't it!
    :yes: :lol:
  • Options
    cut it out with a stanley knife and dispose of.
    cut an exact same piece from under the couch and glue or stitch it in place.
  • Options
    cut it out with a stanley knife and dispose of.
    cut an exact same piece from under the couch and glue or stitch it in place.

they will never know - promise!! :p
  • Options
    or ...cut the bad piece out and replace with a photograph of a good piece.