Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

blokes eyebrows trimmed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have decided i simply dont like my eyebrows as there too big imo, is it too weird for blokes to get them plucked or whatever?

i dont really wanna end up looking weird(er):lol:
have any blokes on here had them done? where would i go and what should i ask for?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Did you have a monobrow?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kinda, not that much just there pretty thick, nothing i cant live with just a thought thats all
  • Options
    I keep mine neatly trimmed. Keeping those longer hairs in check. Nose & ear trimmers work well for doing them.
  • Options
    Too gay. Or I guess the proper term would be metrosexual. But I find it very very unattractive. I like my men just like that... men
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Too gay. Or I guess the proper term would be metrosexual. But I find it very very unattractive. I like my men just like that... men

With a monobrow?
  • Options
    I used to pluck my Exs monobrow.

I saw him at the weekend and he looks like:

Bert_and_Ernie.jpg
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't need to thankfully, but I do know blokes who seperate their 'monobrow' but I don't know any that do anything more. Blokes with really defined eybrows look very gay.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    just get the monobrow bit waxed (you can get it done at beauty palors, some hairderssers ect\) it hurts but all at once instead of prolonging the pain by plucking. kinda like ripping all ur plaster off at once
  • Options
    the gordie antony off Big Brother plucks his as he used to look like a earnie monobrow man on his passport photo, so i think its a great idea.

You need to go somewhere professional so they give you a natural 'groomed ' look as opposed to blunt shaping.

best place to go would be a mens beauty/spa place if you have them in your area (plenty down here in london). They deal with men obviously so they will be experienced enough to deal with mens beauty fears.

get a manicure too (no polish involved), youll really enjoy it.
  • Options
    go to a male beautician (there a few) especially in nail bar shops. Then ask for an eyebrow pluck. it's up to you to instruct them how much to take off, so regular breaks to look in the mirror to make sure you both agree on thickness is advisable. Also DON'T LET THEM USE A RAZOR. I not in sounds unlikely but two qualified beauticians have said they would just use the edge of the razor to give a better. Lucky I have dark skin, so the slight bruising can't be seen. but generally speaking having to use a razor shows lack of skill/technique in my book. Granted my eyebrows look good, but I'd rather have messier eyebrows and no razor.

Another option is waxing. I don't recommend this, especially if yours are bushy, it will be painful and also is used to get quite a thin look, which unless you're in some new age band can be quite girly.
  • Options
    I get chased every few months by my gf who insists on plucking the bit in between my eyebrows. :( i'm never gonna get my dream monobrow :(
  • Options
    They do say 'never trust a man with a Monobrow'
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Iluv2party wrote:
    They do say 'never trust a man with a Monobrow'
    Only said by those who can't grow one :p
  • Options
    Which is exactly why i want one! I think i look too trusting!
  • Options
    Cristal wrote:
    Which is exactly why i want one! I think i look too trusting!

Monobrow nothing, my last two serious partners have told me I have the cold dead eyes of a killer. You never hear about the cold dead monobrow of a killer.
  • Options
    Men with monobrows, ming.

Every single man and woman should own at least one pair of tweezers and know how to use them.

Ilora x
  • Options
    You've never had it so easy...

I've unfortunately suffered from monobrow syndrome since I was in my early teens and it took me a couple of years to realise I needed to sort it. OK, buying my first pair of tweesers was a little embarassing but boy, those little bad boys helped me have the healthy gap every man should have!

Unfortunately, it's not just the gap that gets the tweeser treatment every few days - is also the other end of the eyebrows. Infact, if I don't pluck the ends then they hair growth continues until it meets my stubble. Hence, if I didn't pluck of shave I do think I would look a little like a werewolf.

Am thinking about having them thinned soon by a professional. Have moved back into London again and am sure there must be lots of places which could do it.

I agree with whoever made the comment about guys should not have too shapely eyebrows, though do think that most guys should pay attention to them at some point!
  • Options
    Okay, so I spelt tweezers wrong a few times in my last post...

:)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hey JR Oxford, you also dragged up a really old post ;)

Have a look at the Good Manners Guide for more information...