Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need sympathy/bug hating thoughts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sat under the open window, and something jumps on the desk and then jumps on me.

Look down, and theres a big fucker of a cricket on my hip bone. Once I realise that's what it is an instant freak out is in order. Jump up and shake pelvis whilst accompanied by muffled screaming as mouth is full of chocolate crispy things and they are too good to be screamed all over the room, or choked on for that matter. :impissed:

Evil buggy thing eventually falls off, so put a tub over it, and am currently gearing myself up to take it outside. I didn't think anything could be worse than/as bad as spiders :(

Stupid bastard bug. If I could be arsed it would take a sky dive out of my window. :grump:

Comments

• Options
    I have not found anything as bad as spiders but you do have my sympathy if it makes you feel the same. I would have grabbed the nearest thing to me to hit it off.
  • Options
    We used to catch crickets and grasshoppers as kids in the railway siding behind the house, those were the days

As a result they don't really bug me that much
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Jim V wrote:
    We used to catch crickets and grasshoppers as kids in the railway siding behind the house, those were the days

Same. Sometimes we'd put them in a teachers desk. ;o Silly kids we were.

I like bugs. They are awesome. Amazing things... plus they jump amazingly high!
  • Options
    some guy once put a cockroach under my keyboard. i think it was dead but it still made me scream the whole office down and bugs dont really bother me!
    i laughed after tho.
    please put the cricket outside! itll be hot n frightened!
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:

What did you do with them after?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    please put the cricket outside! itll be hot n frightened!

I managed to lose it, so by the time I'd caught it again all the doors were locked. It was on the bathroom windowsill - nearest open window I could get to, so suspect it's now in the bathroom. Nevermind, Dad's up at 3am, and no doubt Mum will be up before me anyway :p
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    What did you do with them after?

Oh, just let 'em bounce around in your hand then let them go. Never hear grasshoppers in London :no: :grump:
  • Options
    Sat under the open window, and something jumps on the desk and then jumps on me.

Look down, and theres a big fucker of a cricket on my hip bone. Once I realise that's what it is an instant freak out is in order. Jump up and shake pelvis whilst accompanied by muffled screaming as mouth is full of chocolate crispy things and they are too good to be screamed all over the room, or choked on for that matter. :impissed:

Evil buggy thing eventually falls off, so put a tub over it, and am currently gearing myself up to take it outside. I didn't think anything could be worse than/as bad as spiders :(

Stupid bastard bug. If I could be arsed it would take a sky dive out of my window. :grump:

:lol::lol: at you ...... :p
  • Options
    Caught a toad / frog last night. I cant tell the difference though. Spiders used to bother me but I'm not sure they do anymore.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Toads are ar very dark and dry. Frogs are generally green and slimy/wet
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It was dark green (black spots) and was dry on top and wet underneath :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    http://www.digitalwildlife.co.uk/britishwildlife/misc/img/ToadDSCN9457lw.jpg

Common toad.

I picked up an upturned wheelbarrow in my garden the other day and came across a nice fat Adder.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Caught a toad / frog last night. I cant tell the difference though. Spiders used to bother me but I'm not sure they do anymore.

We always get frogs/toads & hedgehogs in our garen; mainly under one of the sheds.