Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microphone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got this microphone, it works fine on other computers (like i can place it near to me and speak and it picks up fine) but on this one i have to speak right into it and its still not even that clear, i've tried adjusting microphone volume and stuff but no affect. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried using microphone boost? Not sure how, just know that my computer does :confused:
  • Options
    yep

Windows xp, sound card SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio (c880)

Tried turning up volume and putting on boost has no effect.

Also tried to record in sound recorder as well as msn still same problem.
  • Options
    Is the jack in properly :p
  • Options
    if it wasnt sure;y i'd have trouble with playback aswel? i have no problems with listening to audio just recording
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    if it wasnt sure;y i'd have trouble with playback aswel? i have no problems with listening to audio just recording

As far as I know there is an 'output' jack for sound, and an input one for the mic. If the mic one isnt pushed in properly it might not record properly, but it wouldn't affect your listen to audio.
  • Options
    *sighs* guess i gota open her up then
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    *sighs* guess i gota open her up then

No I mean the jack on the outside of the computer...

As in, the plug that goes into the socket. If it's not in 100% then it may record a bit but not properly. Just make sure it's pushed in properly. heh :/
  • Options
    oooooh ok
    yeh thats in fine
  • Options
    thers a mic hole both on the front on back of my computer, i updated my drivers, and its a little better, but still nothing compared to how it work son the two other computers in my house
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you double-click on the sound icon on the taskbar, it opens a detailed window. Try turning up the volume there, if you haven't, both for playing and recording from the microphone.