Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vista

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive looked cleary on there website but i aint seen a download area...

Any ideas where i can find it

LOOK AT THE POST AT THE BOTTOM :D

Comments

• Options
    don't know you gotta seek. once you've signed up you get the product key in the email.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Its not worth it tbh ;p

DON'T install it on your main pc if you do bother - just get it to try on another one.

And I was able to download it off MS's site - however, it was a shit download and quicker to torrent it, to be fair.
  • Options
    Hmm, well as some of the people know here i just got a new laptop:

- 256 GFX
    - 512 Ram
    1.86 Ghz Intel Centrino Solo processor

So i thought, mabye ill play around with that but i dont know now...

neally all programs are supported now arnt they? But would my laptop slow down...
  • Options
    Min specs for XP are: 512 ram, 2ghz processor. But, it should run fine on the laptop... might need drivers though for stuff, I dunno.

It'd be fun to try it - backup anything needed, and you can also put XP on later if it doesn't work properly or you dont like it!
  • Options
    I was under the impression that MS wern't allowing any further downloads of Vista beta 2. At least thats what my beta user email says.
  • Options
    Daibach wrote:
    I was under the impression that MS wern't allowing any further downloads of Vista beta 2. At least thats what my beta user email says.

I think your right, theres no direct ITS NOT FOR DOWNLOAD! on the website, but by the sounds of things, you cant download it...

So im going to stick with XP - Anyone know where i can get the theme pack?:hyper: Its called Vista someting pack
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I think your right, theres no direct ITS NOT FOR DOWNLOAD! on the website, but by the sounds of things, you cant download it...

So im going to stick with XP - Anyone know where i can get the theme pack?:hyper: Its called Vista someting pack

I have it, it is ace. Its Vista Transformation or someshit... either way... i dunno where I got it, torrent I think whilst getting Vista!
  • Options
    Well i did find the pack and didnt like it, im trying to look for this one...
  • Options
    No idea, that ain't what I have at all! I have no search on my start menu, but I do have transparent windows! (including the start menu zomg!) And the same sort of theme. But no start menu search.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    No idea, that ain't what I have at all! I have no search on my start menu, but I do have transparent windows! (including the start menu zomg!) And the same sort of theme. But no start menu search.

That picture i got i found randomly, erm yeah thats the type of theme im looking for, i would like to see my menu abit more then what you got it at, but yeah thats about it

Still using the olde version of msn i see:thumb:
  • Options
    ctrl+shift+alt and 1-0 sets transparency! :D

I can't find the zip but I think it is called "Vista Transformation" or something... believe this is it!

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Vista-Transformation-Pack.shtml

Hope it is... s'enjoy.
  • Options
    MS have yet again stolen some innovative ideas from OSX and slipped them in brazenly into this new Vista business. Bleh.

And Mac have stolen ideas from MS.

It's how private industry works!