Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weeekend away...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Right I'm headin down sarf in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get tickets and shit sorted out to get it out of the way.

All booked till I get to London. So...

1. Is the Victoria train station in London far from the Victoria Bus station?

2. Do you think I'd be able to buy a ticket from London to Brighton from either the bus or train station in Glasgow? I probably wouldn't, would I?

3. Are National Express buses reliable enough? I've to change at Birmingham and there's only like a 35 minute gap. I know there's traffic and stuff that can't be legislated for.

Cheers :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    1. It's a 3 minute walk, apparantely.
  • Options
    1. Its only a few minutes. I've only been to London once but I walked to the bus station from the train station and it didn't take very long.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    1) Its a five minute walk. Follow the signs, out the station turn left on the right hand side. Easy.
    2) You can buy train tickets from anywhere to anywhere in the UK from any train station with a ticket office. Or you can buy online.
    3) Never had a problem with National Express. If you miss your connection due to traffic they'd probably let you on a later coach.
  • Options
    It´d allow at least 15 minutes to walk between the train station and and the bus station.
  • Options
    National Express have always been reliable for me. Guess it depends what time of day ypu're travelling at as to whether you're likely to get held up. Even if you missed your connection, they should let you on the next one (that has spare seats) free of charge.
  • Options
    Try to get to the bus station 10 minutes (at least) early. I think that's what it said on my ticket anyway.
  • Options
    I get lost easily and I found the coach station okay. Hope you have fun :]
  • Options
    have you looked into flying with easyjet to Gatwick? seeing as your coming to Brighton gatwicks 35 mins on the train. If you wanna know anything about Brighton let us know.