Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

no period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've finished the first pack of my new pill. Been on my break for 5 days now and still no sign of my period. Since i've been all the pill altogether i haven't really had proper periods anyway - they've been mostly dark brown discharge.
The last time i had sex was at the very begining of the month and we used condoms so i'm not pregnant.
Just wondering if this is normal?

Comments

• Options
    I take it you are on the combined pill?
    It could be normal for you but i would have a word with your nurse/doctor just to check.
  • Options
    yeah its combined. I'm on a lower dose of oestrogen and i think its also a different type of progesterone. Loestrin 20.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Just wondering if this is normal?
    no its not normal. however since you have been trying different pills lately it may just be messed up because of that. i would go to the doctors/nurse if it was me.
  • Options
    i've had a bit of the dark discarge but hardly any - i'm guessing its because i've switched pill. If it doesn't come by the end of the 7 days should i carry on as normal? I've told my mum but she doesn't seem to think its an issue to go to the doctors.
  • Options
    What does the leaflet say?
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    What does the leaflet say?
    it looks like its been chucked after i've left it out before :banghead:
  • Options
    Well if you really don't want to go to the doctors if you aren't sure. try phoning NHS direct, they have more medical knowledge than us and can advise if you should be seeing your doc. 0845 4647
  • Options
    but nhs direct will just tell her to go the doctors because shes been having sex (albeit protected) and now her period is late.
  • Options
    well i read up that pills with lower dosages of oestrogen means that sometimes there isn't enough hormone for the lining to develop - which would explain it as im on a weaker pill and i've just switched from a stronger one. Even on the stronger one i didn't have proper periods.
    i'm going to give it another month - thanks anyway everyone