Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pissed off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm at work and I'm truly pissed off at my boss. (so pissed off that I'm on here while working.. something I never do!) The secretary that works for us who is wonderful in every sense of the word has just quit the job 'cause our idiot headed boss mistreated her.
And the worst part was that she was so nice about it all, she never threw a tantrum or anything, just calmly explained why she was leaving and told our boss not to worry, that she wouldn't tell the bigger bosses or human resources the true reason why she was leaving ('cause then our boss would get hanged). She said she didn't want to make such big problems for her, that it wasn't necessary, that she just hoped she would learn from the experience (ie, change her attitude).
And what has my boss done? She has actually started telling lies about the reason the secretary is leaving.. blaming her, saying that she was irresponsible.... grr :mad: :mad:

Honestly, how thick can you get??

Ok.. anyone else fancy a rant??? :D

Comments

• Options
    I'm all ranted out :p
  • Options
    Theres always an asshole out there :(
    I'm sorry the person had to put up with whatever shit they did. Shame she was too nice ;)
  • Options
    my mum pissed me off today (like most days)

i went to help her clean my brothers house today (dont ask) and i cleaned the entire kitchen til it was spotless, then she came in and started going over stuff when IT WAS PERFECTLY CLEAN WHEN I DID IT.

bloody pisses me off no end :banghead: :mad: :mad:

AND! she keeps moaning that she hates cooking, so i offered to cook the family meal every single night as i love cooking, but ohh no, im not capable of cooking meat thoroughly apparantly even though ive been doing my own cooking for 3 years at uni! so she wont let me. errr why moan then?

wooo move out in 2 weeks :hyper:
  • Options
    not pissed off but upset. been told one of our dogs has got an aggressive form of cancer. :(

but yeh pissed off because cancer is fucked up.
  • Options
    not pissed off but upset. been told one of our dogs has got an aggressive form of cancer. :(

but yeh pissed off because cancer is fucked up.

:O oh nooo :( . Is it the one i watched the consultation for? How is he behaviour wise btw? :)
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    :O oh nooo :( . Is it the one i watched the consultation for? How is he behaviour wise btw? :)

no it's mabel (airedale terrier). she's our eldest. we worked out that shes 87 years old!

she had an operation to remove some lumps from her lymph nodes and they got sent off for tests and turns out she's got an aggressive form of cancer. we'll have to get her put to sleep if it starts being obvious that she's in too much pain. but i'm worried that she won't let us know she's in pain. and it's so horrible seeing her all old and poorly. she has no energy. :(

alfie still wakes up at 6-6:30 odd but my mum's not bothered as she's awake then anyway. i bloody will be when they go on holiday! he doesn't whine/squeak as much which is ace.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I'm all ranted out :p
    That's right... :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Theres always an asshole out there :(
    I'm sorry the person had to put up with whatever shit they did. Shame she was too nice ;)
    Thanks. It's true, there are shitty people out there... I was so happy when I first started working here... now I'm really dissappointed at my boss, I can't believe the kind of person she turned out to be.. :yuck:

Now I just want these two months to go by quickly so I can leave... I really don't want to be here anymore. I'll just do my work and that's it, all the extra commitment I had is gone now, I'm not doing any extra favours.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm pissed off with the heat, so I'm going down the river, Cherio! :wave:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm pissed off that ome idiot nearly ran me over yesterday:( was his fault and I didn't get an apology or anything from him:(
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    I'm rather annoyed that I've laid out in the sun ALL day and haven't changed colour at all so my legs are still disgustingly resemblent of a milk bottle

so I'm going to have to faff with applying fake tan before I go out

Have you had a shower yet? I never look brown after a day in the sun until I have a shower then I magically go brown! So much for washing muck off.. :yeees:

I'm afraid I haven't got anything to rant about. My bosses were full of praise and thanks for me today (even though I thought what I did for them was no big deal!) and they even let me leave early! The weekend can only get worse from here...
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    I'm rather annoyed that I've laid out in the sun ALL day and haven't changed colour at all so my legs are still disgustingly resemblent of a milk bottle

so I'm going to have to faff with applying fake tan before I go out

sometimes i find that i don't go brown/red until the next day. :)
  • Options
    sometimes i find that i don't go brown/red until the next day. :)

:yes:. Usually takes a couple of hours at least after i've been out in the sun for me to notice any difference, if not the next day.
  • Options
    its now summer holidays so my streets going to be full of all the noisy/mouthy/chavvy kids till september :(
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    its now summer holidays so my streets going to be full of all the noisy/mouthy/chavvy kids till september :(

This has also started around where I live as well.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    I'm at work and I'm truly pissed off at my boss. (so pissed off that I'm on here while working.. something I never do!) The secretary that works for us who is wonderful in every sense of the word has just quit the job 'cause our idiot headed boss mistreated her.
    And the worst part was that she was so nice about it all, she never threw a tantrum or anything, just calmly explained why she was leaving and told our boss not to worry, that she wouldn't tell the bigger bosses or human resources the true reason why she was leaving ('cause then our boss would get hanged). She said she didn't want to make such big problems for her, that it wasn't necessary, that she just hoped she would learn from the experience (ie, change her attitude).
    And what has my boss done? She has actually started telling lies about the reason the secretary is leaving.. blaming her, saying that she was irresponsible.... grr :mad: :mad:

Honestly, how thick can you get??

Ok.. anyone else fancy a rant??? :D

So this secretary has done your boss a favour by not going over her head and in effect reporting her behaviour and in turn this boss has started talking shite telling lies about why she left . . . fuck that, the person who left doesn't want to be doing someone like that ANY favours. I'd be all for reporting her and explaining why i was leaving if it were me. Sod that. I despise folk like that.

On topic i got nowt to rant about. I'm not pissed me in fact because of all this sunshine my mood is lifted quite a lot actually :D
  • Options
    I'm pissed off that my brother-in-law's mother died suddenly on Tuesday. She was absolutely great to her children - they were a very close and loving family. My mother was a useless cunt, and whilst I wouldn't wish pain on anyone, I firmly believe that this week could have been a whole heap fairer.

She basically died on Tuesday, but life-support was kept on as her daughter was on holiday and wanted to talk to her before it was turned off. Turning the machine off was delayed as one of her arms showed signs of movement, but it was turned off yesterday morning as this turned out to be nothing. As the machine was switched off, she opened her eyes and squeezed the hands of two of her sons before passing away.

But that doesn't piss me off. What pisses me off is my father then telling my brother-in-law that it was just a spasm - I mean, FFS - I'm not religious, and I go for fact rather than fiction. But he'd have spend the rest of his life thinking that she knew what was going on and said goodbye in her own little way, until my bloody father goes and fucks it all up for him.

I don't believe in lying to people, but sometimes it is kindest not to shatter their illusions. I cannot believe the lack of tact displayed this week, nor the balance of fairness. I am thoroughly disappointed with people around me, and what we believe to be 'life'.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I'm pissed off that my brother-in-law's mother died suddenly on Tuesday. She was absolutely great to her children - they were a very close and loving family. My mother was a useless cunt, and whilst I wouldn't wish pain on anyone, I firmly believe that this week could have been a whole heap fairer.

She basically died on Tuesday, but life-support was kept on as her daughter was on holiday and wanted to talk to her before it was turned off. Turning the machine off was delayed as one of her arms showed signs of movement, but it was turned off yesterday morning as this turned out to be nothing. As the machine was switched off, she opened her eyes and squeezed the hands of two of her sons before passing away.

But that doesn't piss me off. What pisses me off is my father then telling my brother-in-law that it was just a spasm - I mean, FFS - I'm not religious, and I go for fact rather than fiction. But he'd have spend the rest of his life thinking that she knew what was going on and said goodbye in her own little way, until my bloody father goes and fucks it all up for him.

I don't believe in lying to people, but sometimes it is kindest not to shatter their illusions. I cannot believe the lack of tact displayed this week, nor the balance of fairness. I am thoroughly disappointed with people around me, and what we believe to be 'life'.

Sweetie, dont get angry with your dad, people find it hard to know what to say in these situations, and probably just said the first thing that came into his head. Im sure you brother in law will still firmly believe she knew what was going on, and will be able to always carry that with him. he was there, your dad wasnt.
    Sending you, your sis and your bro in law so much love, hugs and kisses
  • Options
    It isn't that hard to keep your gob shut, rather than open it and fuck up a young mans hopes and dreams for the rest of his life. My anger isn't based solely on this, it's a combination of several other things, generally based on him not knowing or understanding the terms 'tact' or 'thoughtfulness', and displaying too many signs of - I'm stopping there, before I say something I regret.

Much of my anger is from how unjust the taking of my B-I-L's mother was. The words from my father are most definately in second-place.
  • Options
    I'm annoyed, because my mum makes life difficult. I've been going school, working, for the past year. I pay my own bills, heck, I pay some of the house bills :rolleyes:. I help out around the house and pull my own weight. I cook for the whole family more than once a week, and all that. So whilst I'm not saying I'm perfect, it would be nice to get some respect.

The other day I had to go dentist and I was nervous. You know how it gets. So I asked mum if she could take me down (it was at 9am) and just you know... look after me :p. She shouted at me. Said I shouldn't wake her up. I said 'how do I pay then?' (since she said she was going to pay), and she begrudingly filled out a blank cheque and shoved it in my direction before passing out on the bed. So I walked to the dentist at 9am, got there on my own, sat in the waiting room on my own, had it all done on my own, and then walked home on my own. I remembered my dad, always used to look after me. Little, tiny things you wouldn't even notice. Like him saying before we go 'have you had something to eat so you don't get faint?', and afterwards, making sure I got in the car ok (shutting the door for me and stuff) and making me a cup of tea when I got in.

Mum actually told me off later that day for disturbing her sleep.

Since I'm not going on holiday this year with the family, she said she'd put something towards my holiday with my girlfriend. She owed me £80, but said now she doesn't owe me that anymore because of this. She whinges about being overdrawn, but literally borrows hundreds off me and I never see it again. I took £400 out the bank to buy my motorbike and hid it and mum took it and spent it all. Then I had to get another £100 out (all I had left) and mum took £300 out her overdraft. Then she used £160 of mine to pay for grocery shopping, and never paid me back for that either.

Now it looks like I may not have enough money to do my bike test.

It pisses me off when she's downstairs and wants something and shouts me, and I shout back, and she just shouts 'what!!?!!'. If she can't hear me, why can't she do some fecking exercise and walk up the stairs and talk to me.

She moans about how hard she has it. Today, she got up around 11, had a cup of tea, sat outside for a while, did a fry up (it's one of the very few things she can cook, and I hate them, but nevermind), then went back outside and sunbathed / swam for several hours, then I asked her if she could lend me a tenner as I was picking up a chinese on the way to my girlfriends house (who was paying me back when I got there), but of course she couldn't. Asked me to pick her up a chinese though, but I said I didn't see what the point was as I wasn't coming back.

The other day she answered the phone downstairs, it was for my sister. They're both incredibly idle. The following is what happened: my mum shouted me, to come downstairs, take the phone off her, carry it upstairs, and give it to my sister.

Speaking of my sister, she's a bitch, and a cow. Not to mention all the horrible stuff she said after my dad died 'it was your fault you know', she makes fun out of me for the most sensitive things. Many of you will know there were issues with me and my girlfriend, and I told my mum, who jokingly told my sister (and her friends), and my sister teases me about this. For those that know the nature of it, imagine how that feels...

Why is it that I do nothing wrong, I just sit in my room, cook myself food, go to work, study for school, get A / B grades, yet get whinged at all the time. Mum moans at me because she got me my motorbike for my 18th and it cost £1150. But the thing is, my (rich :p) brother said it would be nice to me considering a) my dad died that year b) I really wanted a bike / indepence c) I still managed to get A in maths, A in f. maths, B in Economics, B in physics and B in IT. (all AS)

So I don't see why it was such a hardship for her.

There's another thing. She whinges about not having enough money (I've already said about her spending mine all the time) and my brother gives her a monthly allowance of £2500 for the family. She'll say one day when I need money for something legitimate 'oh I'm overdrawn'. The next day, she was showing off her new shoes to me. Not just one pair, but three pairs. She went on a shopping spree. Obviously, all the stress of lounging around at home doing sod all all day required some retail therapy. She says she has to do piles of ironing all the time. Why then, is it she always asks me to do my own ironing? And because she doesn't do much around the house, I only have a few pairs of clothes left anyway. (the others are all in a pile somewhere). She whinges the house is a state, but it was her and her precious angel daughter who made it.

Seriously, I get told off by the both of them for leaving a cereal bowl next to the sink. My sister leaves egg yolk and shell on the kitchen table!!

From a family with 5 boys, one girl, a mum and a dad, it seems to me the women have something wrong with them. My brothers: eldest, highly successful business director who actually does spend all his time with his family. for him, family always comes first. But because of his attitude, his work colleagues all are friends too, and so it's not difficult for him to mix pleasure / work. He makes business appointments whilst he's having breakfast with his family.

My second eldest, is another highly successful entrepeneur I guess you could call him. He's travelled the world, and has a hand in every pot out there. If you ever need anything, he's the man to go to. He's so generous too (i.e. giving my mum £2500 a month so she doesn't have to work), but I don't like to ask him for anything because its another hardship on him.

Third eldest, loves world of warcraft. He's suffered from depression but rather than the 'I hate you all die mofos' he's just 'there' for you. He's unemployed, and spends his time on the internet, but he's just qualified as a computer engineer / technician and is looking for jobs. From a guy who was on the edge, has already been married and is now seperated, he's been through a lot already and has had to move back in at home but is getting his life on track.

Fourth, he's at uni doing a politics and international relations degree, spends his free time either watching football or at the pub with his friends. Loves beer. But also studies really hard for a student :p, he's always worked hard at everything.

Then there's me. Natural smarts, apparently. I don't apply myself as much all the time - but I do do the work where it needs to be done. I've done well in my A levels and will be going university this year.

My dad, he joined the navy at 17 and became an engineer, then a special navy diver to get rid of underwater mines and things like that. Told me once about someone being stabbed to death underwater because he panicked :eek2: but he was never in active combat (he never said he was anyway), but he never really went into detail about it. Something about the bubbles going up to the surface. After that, left the navy, worked with a childrens home, gave them lifts round the block on his motorbike :cool:, then had his first two. They grew up, but then things went sour between him and his mrs. He married my mum. Kept a job no matter what, did all sorts really, always doing overtime and brought in quite a lot of cash for the family.

Mum, well, she left school at 13 and not sure what she did then. Married someone, had middle brothers, that went sour, she married my dad, had me and my sister, looked after us then got depression / scitzophrenia and then she went through a stage of not doing much. At this point my dad was looking after us lot a lot and working a full time job. Dad got cancer, died, mum took it quite badly and stopped doing things really, she never started doing things again I guess.

Sister, well, she's can be pretty horrible. Stalks me on here too, I think. Reads lots of threads in sex, anyway. 15. She'll probably show this to my mum and I will get a complete bollocking, sisterly love for ya, eh? Well, she started out ok. Young, she used to steal little things a lot, and was pretty spoilt. Got almost everything she wanted. Then she got into a bad crowd, and did the whole drugs / alcohol thing (drugs -> solvents), kept getting into trouble. Parents got her into one of the most exclusive boarding schools in the country. She was still pretty much a cow. Last words of hers to my dad: 'I wish you were dead'. How nice... But yea, then she got expelled, came home, didn't want to go to school and played the 'I've got issues' card, she's always used anything as an excuse. She used to steal money out of my wallet, with her friends. Really annoyed. Mum used to tell me off when she stole my money, because I was irresponsible in leaving it 'in plain sight'. FFS, it's my family.

Think I'm about ranted out. Sorry. Peeved off. Working 9 hours tomorrow, whilst those two 'angels' are going to be sat on their laurels sunbathing because do they ever do anything? No. Sunday, I'm out at 8.30am because I have to go to hinckley to sort some things out. Those two, same. They live a life of luxury. And I'm just fed up now :) I really can't wait to get out of this house and go to university where I can look after myself and stop having these wasters around me.
  • Options
    My boss is a twat, he randomly comes up to me today and asks how I've got such a tan (when I don't really) and is it because I've been working too hard?

No you fucking goofball, although your ban on any bloke taking their tie off in this heat is fucking idiotic.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit

Nice essay! :p

In the nicest possible way your sister sounds like a spoilt moron like all sister are.

(I hope she reads this!!)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Rich(Shyboy... not other one)... you have good reason to be angry mate!

I am pissed off... because I am all burnt out and unmotived and stuck in my hole. Fuck, I just can't be fucked to do shit these days. I just sit about trying to pass time.

What the hell is going on with me? I must tidy my room, get a job, and get the fuck into action.

But I just ... have no motivation. Motivate me, someone, now!

It might help if I don't stay awake from 6/7pm until 3/4pm then sleep. Possibly.
  • Options
    Since I'm not going on holiday this year with the family, she said she'd put something towards my holiday with my girlfriend. She owed me £80, but said now she doesn't owe me that anymore because of this. She whinges about being overdrawn, but literally borrows hundreds off me and I never see it again. I took £400 out the bank to buy my motorbike and hid it and mum took it and spent it all. Then I had to get another £100 out (all I had left) and mum took £300 out her overdraft. Then she used £160 of mine to pay for grocery shopping, and never paid me back for that either.

Don't lend money to her again then. I've never had that problem with my parents.(and they've never had tha problem with me)
    It pisses me off when she's downstairs and wants something and shouts me, and I shout back, and she just shouts 'what!!?!!'. If she can't hear me, why can't she do some fecking exercise and walk up the stairs and talk to me.

My parents do this as well; but they usually just shout for somoen's name then when that person has come downstairs, actually talk to them/give them whatever it is they were going to give them.
    The other day she answered the phone downstairs, it was for my sister. They're both incredibly idle. The following is what happened: my mum shouted me, to come downstairs, take the phone off her, carry it upstairs, and give it to my sister.

What really was the point of that? I could understand it if you were both[/] downstairs and you were about to go upstairs to do something. To me that's just pure laziness.

There's another thing. She whinges about not having enough money (I've already said about her spending mine all the time) and my brother gives her a monthly allowance of £2500 for the family. She'll say one day when I need money for something legitimate 'oh I'm overdrawn'. The next day, she was showing off her new shoes to me. Not just one pair, but three pairs. She went on a shopping spree. Obviously, all the stress of lounging around at home doing sod all all day required some retail therapy. She says she has to do piles of ironing all the time. Why then, is it she always asks me to do my own ironing? And because she doesn't do much around the house, I only have a few pairs of clothes left anyway. (the others are all in a pile somewhere). She whinges the house is a state, but it was her and her precious angel daughter who made it.

Nice to see where her priorities lie.