Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Extracting Emails Addresses From a Web Page

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone come across a program to maybe with one click add the email addreses shown on a webpage to a database or text file?

About 8 months ago I moved my mailing list of some 3,000 people to Google Groups and it's certainly made life a lot easier, but now the list is over 4,000 people and Google Groups doesn't always look the most stable thing in the world - When I first signed up for instance it was trying to tell me the USA and Canda were in Europe .. :eek:
And today it's giving me server errors...

So I'd like some easy way of backing up those extra people that have signed up since... to my own PC. Rather then a copy paste thing cos I can only see 20 email addresses per page so would take forever to bckup 4,000 email addresses

Comments

• Options
    As google can display the email address a simple PHP script that would parse the pages and saved the mailing list to a database or create an excel file to download... If you have to change page the PHP script could still do it on its own as well...

Otherwise I have never seen any software that does it, might be one around tho...
  • Options
    Or use a website ripper... Also it would store the all html pages, so might not be that good for you...
  • Options
    I thought about that but next to every email is options like edit that person's email details, etc

So it might go into 20 options per page I don't want it to and plus I don't want to do anything to upset Google by them thinking I'm doing something I shouldn't

I already saw them remove one website I did from their search engine cos it had hidden text (but relevant) for better ranking which for the last 10 years has been perfectly normal practise.

Anyway today I did a manual copy and past for the most recent 1,000 email - 20 emails at a time as that is the max you can see one screen at once and pasted them into a text file - I have the previous emails from before when I moved to Google - but I'm not entirely sure I trust Google for the long term and my mailing list is the result of 2 to 3 years of hard work.