Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's with this country?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anything that's not perfect weather, and the whole country comes to a standstill. Schools closing, tarmac melting, trains delayed (so not everything's changed). Is there any weather condition that doesn't cause the whole country to moan collectively and decide that nothings going to work?

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    drizzle.

:yes:

And general greyness. Good english weather.
  • Options
    Cloudy and grey with the threat of showers. Nobody does that like Britain!
  • Options
    Anything that's not perfect weather, and the whole country comes to a standstill. Schools closing, tarmac melting, trains delayed (so not everything's changed). Is there any weather condition that doesn't cause the whole country to moan collectively and decide that nothings going to work?

102 deg without air con = early home time tbh
  • Options
    well theres hot and theres too hot. The heating at my primary school broke down in the middle of winter once but they still made us come in and we had to sit in our coats. Could even see our breath.
    And when we had that bad snow in february one year - all the schools in the area shut cept mine. Still didn't go though cause my mum wouldn't drive (we live on a hill). Then again our schools an arse when it comes to closing for bad weather. If there was a tornado warning they'd still be open.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    "Most of our days are overcast, giving the population a general sense of melancholy" - Bill Bailey

;D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Cloud generally doesnt cause complaints.

I dont mind the weather though - life goes on etc.
  • Options
    I can just imagine some great weather god sitting on top of his sofa cloud up there and thinking to himself "Damned if I do, damned if I don't!"

Silly english folk.
    If it's not one thing it's the other.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    If it's not one thing it's the other.

If it's not one thing, its your mother :D
  • Options
    That supposed to be funny?
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    If it's not one thing, its your mother :D

:lol::lol::lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    That supposed to be funny?
    Yes.

(Not your mother specifically, mothers in general)
  • Options

My British Rail train was late into London by 10 minutes - their excuse was the weather??:eek2:

And what I really hate are those brand new trains don't have any windows that open and I can't see Aircon either!!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Yes.

(Not your mother specifically, mothers in general)

Ah ok.
    I'm a bit touchy today.
  • Options
    My British Rail train was late into London by 10 minutes - their excuse was the weather??:eek2:

And what I really hate are those brand new trains don't have any windows that open and I can't see Aircon either!!
    British Rail haven't existed for years.

Most new trains have Air-con and no windows. I had amazing Air con on a train today, it was like sitting in a fridge.
  • Options
    I went down to London for the weekend the weekend before last, and the air conditioning on the Virgin train was fantastic, if not slightly too cold.

The tube trains however obviously lacked the feature of air conditioning. It was like being in a sardine can on an open flame :(