Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Curling shampoo/conditioner/gel

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anybody tried them? Do they actually work? Recommend any brands?

Straightening shampoos/conditioners/gels never did a damn thing but waste my money. My normal, nonstraightening shampoo and conditioner did as good of a job as the other stuff did.

My hair is curley, kind of. If you wanted to be specific, its more of a wavy curly frizzy afro puff ball. So, essentially, it looks like shit. I thought I'd try one of them but want some opinions. Straightening my hair takes about an hour (I take breaks cuz I get bored) so if the stuff works, then I could give up on the straghtening and still be able to not wear my hair tied back all slobbyesque every single day.

Comments

• Options
    get some frizz ease hair serum

in fact, get the shampoo, conditioner, serum and calming cream.

My friend with afro type hair swears by it, cant wear her hair curly without it
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll look into that one :D
  • Options
    One tip (which I have realised only recently) is that if you're putting products in curly hair, you have to do it while it's still quite wet. If you give it even a little chance to dry, you are giving it a chance to frizz :yes:
  • Options
    Bed Head goop by Tigi is pretty good. Like kaffrin says, apply it when wet and either gently blow dry it til alll excess water only is evaporated, then twist strands of hair round your fingers and let it dry naturally.

Personally I'm a lazy sod so I go to bed with wet hair et voila poodle like curls in the morning.
  • Options
    I just ment like the shampoo and conditioner thats supposed to curl. I don't really want any topical leave in things. But thanks :)
  • Options
    i use panete conditioner prefect curls it does help my curls to curl but does nothin to ease frizz
  • Options
    nah none of them work

nada, nothing, none
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Blah wrote:
    get some frizz ease hair serum

in fact, get the shampoo, conditioner, serum and calming cream.

My friend with afro type hair swears by it, cant wear her hair curly without it

john frieda frizz ease :yes:

i just use the shampoo, as i don't really want properly defined curls... but tis great stuff.

also try not to blow dry your hair, if you do just use cold air. think the hot air 'froifies things? with towel drying, don't go crazy just kinda gently scrunch the hair too

[/2 cents]

good luck!
  • Options
    I bought the frizz ease serum, I used it and there was no difference, still looked liked I belonged in the Supremes. The day I accidently used aloe vera in my hair looked better :grump: Wasted money.
  • Options
    Dearie me. I know how you feel. I have naturally curley/frizzy hair. I use any bog standard conditioner as I am yet to find anything that makes a blind bit of difference to my hair. If I'm honest, kids or baby shampoo tends to be the best as it tends to leave your hair's natural oils alone.

As far as styling goes, which I know wasn't really what you asked for, I use Boots curl creme or that Supersilk curl creme. Both are cheap and do a damn good job as long as you apply it whilst your hair is wet.

Hope that helps.

Edited to add that it probably won't help as you probably don't have those products over there.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I bought the frizz ease serum, I used it and there was no difference, still looked liked I belonged in the Supremes. The day I accidently used aloe vera in my hair looked better :grump: Wasted money.

you need to coat all of your hair in it when your hair is still very wet, did you do that? if not then it wont work..
  • Options
    Of course I did that, I know how to put products in my hair :p
  • Options
    curling_gal_l_02.jpg
  • Options
    :confused: What are you on about?
  • Options
    showing my precise and expertise knowledge in the area of curling
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh, it makes sense now :yes: I'd no idea what those two were doing.