Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Photos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just reading a couple of threads about gift ideas and it got me thinking...

A lot of people suggest ideas involving photographs, but how many photos do you have of your other half or of you together?

I've been with my boyfriend for just over two years. We went away for four nights in the Peak District last summer and for a weekend in Windsor/Legoland this Easter. I've got one photo of him at Legoland (which is on my desk at work) and one of him at work which a colleague took of him (which is by my bed, in a frame he choose especially). He's got one of me, taken years before we got together (on holiday in a bikini - I went on the holiday a couple of weeks after we originally met). Other than that, it's just photos of where we've been and the odd random shot on our mobiles.

I think we ought to get more pics of each other.. We haven't got a single one of us together!! :(

Comments

• Options
    I love photos and take them whenever I'm doing anything special, and just random occasions as well, plus I get friends to send me any nice or funny ones they take, so overall I have loads.

With my ex I happened to take one of us on our first date (we went for a walk down by the river and because it was a nice day I had my camera with me), and after that we took one every month, which meant I have plenty of us together! I think it's the kind of thing that you forget to do unless it's a special occasion, but it's nice to have a few everyday type photos too.
  • Options
    I want to start getting photos of us.

The only ones we have after a year together, is ball photos. We just aren't really photo people, and disposibles are so expensive, digital cameras are all the rage, but I think proper photos just... have more meaning?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We have mainly our wedding photos and the odd one that a random person took and a couple that we took ourselves setting a timer etc.

If it's just the 2 of you that go out, then it is quite difficult to get photos of both of you as you normally need a third person to take the photograph.
    but I think proper photos just... have more meaning?

It's really cheap to print off digital photos at places like Jessops. We both have digital cameras and I love having 'real' photos and tend to get them printed off a lot. All our honeymoon photos were done like this.
  • Options
    me and my ex were going out for 6 months. we took 1 photo of ourself and half of me was missing and the half you could see wasn't very flattering! so i cut myself off. nice photo of him though.

wish i took more photos but we're still mates and i have some pics of him on my computer.
  • Options
    Yupp when he took me to Broadstairs for the weekend we took loads. Some of them are kinda sweet but some are kinda slushy. He looks so much better in all of them
  • Options
    I've only been with my fella a week, so none yet.. though I really wanna.. I'll take one at the rave Saturday night..

I was with my ex for a year and a half and we didn't have one pic taken together :s.
  • Options
    got a few, not many, as obviously you have to ask other people to take them of you etc so its a pain.
  • Options
    I know it's a bit sad but you can do the myspace thing and take it of eachother together yourself pulling a goofy face.
  • Options
    We have some, including one before we were going out, and we have wedding stuff as well.

I carry a picture of us in my wallet, taken in a photo booth.
  • Options
    I went on holiday with a couple and was constantly on "take a photo of us" duty. Not pleasant.

Got very pissed off with them another time when one of them asked if I'd take a photo of them kissing. I refused.

That's just a rant, sorry. But most of my friends who are in couples seem to have lots of pics.
  • Options
    :crying:

i didnt get any photos of me and my ex together the only one i have is one at the party where we met and were both incredibly drunk - and there are about 10 other people in the photo - luckily we were standing together so i cud us out and put it in my wallet but i look totally crap! i was gna get him to come with me to a photo booth and get one bfor he left and moved away but i completely forgot :( so i have

I love photos and take quite a lot - but should take way more, because 9/10 photos i look horrible in

so in short, no