Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

1 Year Aniversary.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right its my 1 year aniversary on Wednesday with my OH.

Was wondering what other people had brought for their Oh's on 1 year aniversarys and what they did if anything?

Im flat out of ideas.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease help!

Btw not a wedding aniversary just since we got together before anyone gets confused.

Comments

• Options
    We went out for a meal and then went home.

As for pressies, I can't really remember. I got her some flowers. I am original.
  • Options
    I don't even remember, to be honest. If it was anything like our second, third or fourth, I imagine it will have consisted of one of us saying 'it's x years today since our first date. That's nice, in't it?' and the other saying, 'So it is. Awww'. *cue warm fuzzy feeling*

Don't see them as a big thing, personally. Maybe marriage anniversaries, but even then, I'll probably just expect a hug and some reminiscing.
  • Options
    I or him didn't even know when the one year was. We know the month but thats it. I think we recogonized it by me saying something like, hmmm... how did I manage the heat last year. You lived with me and didn't have to. Now shhh, I'm on the phone. In my opinion, when your dating its pointless.
  • Options
    Yeh its a pretty big thing for us for some reason. I think because we have had a fairly rough year it kinda means alot to us.

Ive made a short video for him with a few memories of the past year. And was thinking of cooking. But present wise Im absolutely stuck!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Erm, I can't actually remember doing much for our 1 year anniversary. We certainly didn't get each other presents. Think we probably went out for a meal.
  • Options
    One year was a pretty big thing for me when I was with my now ex boyfriend, too.

We went for a meal at the same place we went for our first date, and then a walk along the river, again the same as we did on our first date. It was nice and we didn't have to come up with anything original!

As for a present, I bought a photo album and half filled it with photos of us during the year, and little comments by the photos. Then on the next page I wrote "Space for lots more happy memories..." I read that idea on this site years ago, and he really liked it, so now I'm passing it on again :)
  • Options
    Oh I like that idea! Thanks wildchild.

*Goes out shopping tomurow*
  • Options
    Well my 1 year was a few weeks ago.

So I can give you ideas on what we did.

I got him a pocket knife and a samuri sword, coz he's into that stuff, aswell as his ring that I got him for our 6monther engraved, a box of condoms, kama sutra foreplay cards, and choc body paint - yummy stuff - dark Belguim choc. mmm.

He got me a ring and my fav movie that came out as a PS2 game - as I also love PS2.

So when his parents were out we played

We went out to dinner too.

Kinda boring but thats what we did.

Another thing I did randomly, was - and maybe if you have a close r/ship with your parents - get them outta the house, cook her a 3 course meal, candles on the table and a bottle of wine, put arrows through the house to a room where you are waiting with presents, and it will be cute as.

I did this randomly one time when he had work till 9pm and his parents were out for the night. His reaction was so cute <3

Ooh I like the photo idea, but we dont have a lot of photos
  • Options
    Ours was only about 2 weeks ago. He put me together a collage of me 2 you bears that reminded him of things we'd either done together over the past year or that reminded him of one of us, which is now set as my desktop on all my pc's.

I put together a photo with a few little red hearts with about 4 mini pics of the 2 of us together and got it framed for him.

we were 250 miles apart on our 1 year anniversary though :(
  • Options
    For ours, we went out for a meal, at an Indian resturant... but we took ALL of our friends, and they celebrated with us :). Tbh, it was nice like that, but thats just us, we're in a group of friends that celebrate everything together.

We bought each othera few gifts too, mainly things that we knew the other person liked rather than anything particularly special :D

I'm actually at the point of starting to consider what to do for our 2nd (even though it's a while away, because of the dates I'm paid I'll have to use my August money :rolleyes:) We did consider going Blackpool for a night, but if we'd have the money or transport (well, petrol in the transport) is beyond me :)