Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Birmingham!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so basically, me and a mate are thinking about travelling up to birmingham for a weekend in about 3 weeks time to meet up with a couple of guys we met while working last week.

just wanted to know, whats the clubbing situation like there? we will be coming on a friday morning i think and heading back on sunday evening/monday morning so will be out on the friday and saturday nights! what clubs are best over the weekend?!

also what is the shopping like? and what interesting stuff is there to do? (ie. museums, concerts etc) ive been to birmingham only once before and that was about 6 years ago, and from what i remember - it wasnt very good! however other people have told me different, so im not sure!!

one last thing is - can anyone be able to tell me what cheap hotels there are round abouts the city centre? i was thinking of staying in a travel in somewhere which is about £40 a night, and was hoping that there might be somewhere else thats a tad bit cheaper?! i can afford to stay in the travel inn, but i realise my friends' finances are a bit lower and if possible, we'd like to stay somewhere a little less expensive!

thanks for all info, if given :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Won't you all share rooms so can split the price? If you want somewhere right in the city centre it won't be cheap. There's a Formula 1 hotel which is about £20 a room but it's a bit out of town and not in the nicest area.

There's loads of nightlife, depends what you're after really. There's a few different areas: Broad Street (the main strip) Brindleyplace (slightly older crowd), Arcadian, St Paul's Square. Most of the nightlife is about bars rather than clubs, although if you do want a proper club there is Air in Digbeth, or The Works :yuck:

You might like Risa on Broad Street, it's a huge place with lots of different rooms and different types of music.

In the day you can shop in the Bull Ring and the markets, go to Cannon Hill Park (have to get the bus), go to ThinkTank, there's a few art galleries which are free.
  • Options
    thanks for info :D

sounds like broad street is the place to be :) will most likely try there!!
  • Options
    I like the arcadian its better than broad st in my opinion. Depends what music u like thou, but both have a wide selection.