Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Touching Up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, Just a small question.

If you're other half was being touched up by the opposite sex and they kept doing so despite you're boyfriend/girlfriend telling them to stop and removing their hands, what would you're reaction be when told?

Would you be mad at the guy for trying it on with you're other half, or mad at you're other half for getting themselves into the situation?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    as long as they had told them firmly they didnt want them doing that, then my bone would be with the one doing it. as long as they were not inviting this kind of touching.
  • Options
    definately the one doing the touching up. However, if this person did it once, id be abit miffed at my partner if they continued to associate with them - thats just like asking for them to do it again!
  • Options
    It depends on the circumstances. What you mean by touching up. Whether it's a friend or a stranger. How much alcohol has been involved. Whether or not she's encouraging it. Loads of things really.
  • Options
    Look at alll my threads :p. Miffed at both.
  • Options
    It depends on the circumstances. What you mean by touching up. Whether it's a friend or a stranger. How much alcohol has been involved. Whether or not she's encouraging it. Loads of things really.

I did state that it was not encouraged. Alcohol was involved, however i think this is no excuse to do such things to someone elses partner, and it was rubbing thighs and working their way up kinda thing.
  • Options
    Well how hard is it for your other half to walk away if they were being touched up? saying no is one thing but if they are only half heartedly saying no and still staying there its pretty much an invite to some people.
    That said i'd probably be pretty pissed at the whole situation and vent a bit of anger on the prick trying to cop a feel of my missus...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Well how hard is it for your other half to walk away if they were being touched up? saying no is one thing but if they are only half heartedly saying no and still staying there its pretty much an invite to some people.
    That said i'd probably be pretty pissed at the whole situation and vent a bit of anger on the prick trying to cop a feel of my missus...

It's hard to walk away when you are stuck in the back of a car on you're way home.
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    It's hard to walk away when you are stuck in the back of a car on you're way home.
    Hmmm, okay, I was picturing a nightclub dancefloor or something, which would've been a bit more understandable. Yeah, I'd stop the car, twat the bastard and leave him on the side of the road to walk home.

ETA: especially if he knew the two of you were together. Not that that should make a difference if she wasn't comfortable with it anyway.
  • Options
    Hmmm, okay, I was picturing a nightclub dancefloor or something, which would've been a bit more understandable. Yeah, I'd stop the car, twat the bastard and leave him on the side of the road to walk home.

Yeah a night club would have been totally understandable if they had not have walked away!

Although if you aren't driving it's hard to stop the car :grump:

Has this ever happened to anyone on here?
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:

If you're other half was being touched up by the opposite sex and they kept doing so despite you're boyfriend/girlfriend telling them to stop and removing their hands, what would you're reaction be when told?

Would you be mad at the guy for trying it on with you're other half, or mad at you're other half for getting themselves into the situation?

Thanks.
    I wouldn't be happy.

My first reaction would be to hit him. But usually that ends up making things worse.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    I wouldn't be happy.

My first reaction would be to hit him. But usually that ends up making things worse.

Think i'd be scared if anything like that ever happened.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Tell em to fuck off, and if that doesn't work lump the cunt.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Tell em to fuck off, and if that doesn't work lump the cunt.

Would you be mad at you're girl though?
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:

Thanks.

Wel mad at the guy in any case, and if no stopping then ass kicking, and well for the other half it depends what she did to get into that situation... You are not quite clear there... If she was flirting with the guy and allow him to get his hands there, wel yeah, noone like a whore...
  • Options
    Wel mad at the guy in any case, and if no stopping then ass kicking, and well for the other half it depends what she did to get into that situation... You are not quite clear there... If she was flirting with the guy and allow him to get his hands there, wel yeah, noone like a whore...

No it was a ride back home, and after repeatbly asking to please stop and telling them they are taken and to respect that, they still carry on. I just wondered what other people's reaction would be to this situation.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    squeal16 wrote:
    Would you be mad at you're girl though?

Not if she'd already told the bloke to stick it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    squeal16 wrote:
    If you're other half was being touched up by the opposite sex and they kept doing so despite you're boyfriend/girlfriend telling them to stop and removing their hands, what would you're reaction be when told? Would you be mad at the guy for trying it on with you're other half, or mad at you're other half for getting themselves into the situation?
    If the girl had told him to stop, I wouldn't be angry with her. The bloke, meantime, I would probably end up trying to knock him senseless.
  • Options
    looking at the majority of answers (including my own original answer) the general consensus seems to be that the lad in question needs a nice lumpy addition to the side of his head. from your answers though i can see that this doesnt really seem to be an option.
    This make the situation a bit more tricky imo, i wouldnt really know what to do besides hit the guy. so i dont know what to suggest but im sure somebody on thesite will have some advice other than lamp him...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    looking at the majority of answers (including my own original answer) the general consensus seems to be that the lad in question needs a nice lumpy addition to the side of his head. from your answers though i can see that this doesnt really seem to be an option.
    This make the situation a bit more tricky imo, i wouldnt really know what to do besides hit the guy. so i dont know what to suggest but im sure somebody on thesite will have some advice other than lamp him...

Hey, thanks for that. Obviously this is my experience and i was asking because after telling my fella he took it all out on me and was angry at me for getting myself into the situation and that i should have foreseen the consequence.

As i trusted the guy not to do such things i didn't expect it to happen.
    Everything is sorted between us now and i won't be seeing the other guy again, i just wondered if this was expected as i thought like many of you said he would be mad at the other guy rather than myself.
  • Options
    I'm really not a violent person, the thought of hurting somebody actually makes me feel ill.......BUT if some prick was molesting any girl who'd said no and I was aware of it, I'd be up for breaking the dude's face.

Well, I'd probably be more inclined to tell the guy to cool his jets. Confrontating folk like that normally makes them back off.

If that failed, then it's face breaking time.

I have no idea what I'd do if I was the girl in question. Probably freeze and be shit scared. Which makes other people speaking up even more important.
  • Options
    Agree with Skive really, if she had said no then that means no, and I would lamp the cunt.

I'd probably lamp the cunt anyway.
  • Options
    well it just sounds like your bf's a bit insecure and needs reasuring that its him you want to be with. he will have taken it out on you because on hearing something like that, most guys' reactions would be anger as you can read in these replies and because you were the nearest person to him at the time and your bf doesnt know for sure what actually happened bar what you've told him its not suprising he took it out on you.
    As long as he has said sorry for getting mad at you and made it clear hes mad at the guy for trying it on then just forget about it and avoid that guy like the plague!
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    well it just sounds like your bf's a bit insecure and needs reasuring that its him you want to be with. he will have taken it out on you because on hearing something like that, most guys' reactions would be anger as you can read in these replies and because you were the nearest person to him at the time and your bf doesnt know for sure what actually happened bar what you've told him its not suprising he took it out on you.
    As long as he has said sorry for getting mad at you and made it clear hes mad at the guy for trying it on then just forget about it and avoid that guy like the plague!

Yeah i said i won't be seeing him again, he totally crossed the line and i have no respect for the guy.