Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

KG Media Disks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
DO NOT EVER BUY THIS SHIT! I put 14gb of DJ mixes me and my mates have done which dates back to 1998/99 and 80% cannot be put back on to the HDD because the DVD gives me error's (th eDVD is clean and has no scratches!!! Cheapo media is not nice :(.

Comments

• Options
    Tried reading them at the minimum-supported speed of the drive? Unfortunately, home-burned discs don't last forever, but having said that I've got 8 year old discs which still read fine...
  • Options
    mm yeah, homemade discs are much more likely to just rot away. i dread the day when my 'homemade' dvd collection starts breaking =/
  • Options
    I only made these disks last week :/.
  • Options
    Try using a cleaner disc to clean the laser in your drive...if it's dirty that can make it less able to read lower-quality discs.
  • Options
    what speed are you burning at? Crap media combined with fast burn speeds = beer coaster. If you're paranoid put "verify data" on your burns

I'm using "Sum vision" DVD-R's from ebuyer at the moment, as alot of the pirates recommend it because there's far less coasters, and the dye on the disc is "good"... supposedly :P
  • Options
    I'm using top speed to burn. The best DVD-r's I have used so far are EMTEC, they have never given me any probs.
  • Options
    I use Riteks with the G04 or G05 dye. Never once had a coaster from them. Taiyo Yudens are also highly rated.
  • Options
    Older, or well-used burners aren't as good as new ones. Regardless of media quality, a weaker laser can render a disc useless.

For anything important to me, I always burn at the slowest speed possible. Even when my drive was newer, I found that burning at a slower speed made the disc more likely to read in other players, whereas it'd have problems on older/portable equipment.
  • Options
    infinite samuria DVDs I use, only ever had oen coaster and that was my own fault!

Use them for all my DVD movies and games