Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yahoo - cornering the internet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/04/msn_yahoo_im_interop/

yahoo must surely be investigated for anti-competitive practice. they're allied to BT, MSN, and surely countless other 'partnerships'.

or am i wrong!

Comments

• Options
    I don't think they're in the position to do much cornering now. If they had actually used their brains and bought out Google when they had the chance, they might have been.
  • Options
    We have this nonsense and we have that crap legislation in the US which could lead us into a two tier internet system, which is complete bullshit. Paranoid US control-freak governments piss me off :mad:
    I thought the legislation was intended to stop two-tier internet - the crap bit of it being it stops ISPs from blocking traffic - like viruses &c.

Anyway the internet has always been tiered - the more you pay the more bandwidth you get - the network companies with good backbones charged more than the crap ones. The problem is the recent price war has had them charging too little for two much, and its all going a bit wrong.
  • Options
    Multi national corporations, genocide of starving nations is what i say.
    yahoo fascist bastards
  • Options
    Multi national corporations, genocide of starving nations is what i say.
    yahoo fascist bastards

Shock horror, two companies getting together to actually vastly improve the services they provide by letting each other's users communicate without having to use two programmes. Damn them, :chin: .