Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever felt so completely alone in the world ? I do : (

Feel like a huge let down to a lot of people.

I'm 24 and have nothing going for me at all. Just feel so alone at the moment.

sorry just finally feeling the need to get it out a little bit. Apologies

Comments

• Options
    Why do you feel you've let people down?

What do you want your life to be like?
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:

don't worry to much ...you have many years and many experiences yet to come.
  • Options
    Don't apologise, you've got the right to feel however you feel. Don't know if I can be of much help, but I have felt like that during some periods in my life (and not short ones). And what have I learned? That they pass... life goes on and they truly pass. You just have to hang on, and never ever stop believing in yourself. And also learning to enjoy your own company :yes:
    This may sound incredibly corny, but there's a quote I've read I feel very identified with from José Ortega y Gasset (free translation): "Life hasn't been given to me, it turns out I have to make it myself".

Take care.
  • Options
    yeah im in one of those at the moment sometimes i just think what is the point in trying anymore, but then i think about what i have got and not about what i dont have and it keeps me going for a while. I hate being like this and sometimes think the reason (a guy) isnt worth it and i should just be able to get on with life. But sometimes i feel so down.

My advice to you is to keep on going and youll get out of it in the end. Think about the good things in your life. But i know exactly how you feel.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:

Story of my life.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Story of my life.
    SNAP!!

I'm in a dead end job mates being twats no man in my life or any interest never pull....
    Sometimes I think would people miss me if I wasn't about?
    Also most people my age are all married, living with someone, got kid(s) and going places with their job unlike me ... redundant twice in 4 months....
  • Options
    My sentiments exactly. I went through a rough patch in uni but at the end I just said nobody can get it back together for me except myself.
    :yes: Me too, I just decided one day that I wasn't going to bottle everything up anymore, enough was enough so I told some of my friends about my depression. You just have to make that conscious decision to change how things are going.
    What I suggest to anyone who feels like they're stuck in a rut is make that decision, be determined to change your life and make a cry for help if necessary. Try and talk to people; phone a helpline if you feel you can't talk to a friend, perhaps get a hobby, start volunteering.
    For me the best thing I ever did apart from tell my friends how I felt was to start volunteering :)
    Seriously ED1N I bet you're friends and family don't think you're a let down, have you tried talking to them?
    And I bet you have a few things going for you, you're only 24, you've got most of your life infront of you. Seriously though, don't apologise, we're here for you to vent.
    Have you had a look at the Health and Wellbeing articles? They might help you.
    You're not alone, we've all felt like you and you can get through it.
    Take care
    xx
  • Options
    call you friends, the ones that wont let you down. put on a brilliant song that makes you wanna SCREAM and dance af course, change your job if you must, organise something, be it a night out or a holoiday abroad. pick a horizon thats applicable to your life and go for it......as long as you let us know how youre get on because i promise you, you are not alone.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:

Sometimes being in your situation can be a good thing

It means the only way is up and anything is a possible improvement, consider options you've never considered before.

Take your life in a new direction
  • Options
    I'd been pretty miserable for the last four or five years.

Things changed when I went to see a councillor. Everyone close to me has told me that I seem like a totally different person now.

If you're feeling unhappy, you need help from other people. I tried it alone for years, and nothing helped.
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:

Hey babe we all feel like that somtimes, dont let it get you down. Why dont you find some things that you enjoy, and be around some positive people. You really need to change your attitude, a good attitude might make you feel better about yourself.
  • Options
    As far as I know this world is just a figment of my imagination. So yes, I feel very, very alone.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    As far as I know this world is just a figment of my imagination. So yes, I feel very, very alone.

I know for a fact the world's not a figment of my imagination. It would be so much cooler! There'd be rocket ships and catgirls and giant robots ... Ooh, and I'm thinking harem. ;)
  • Options
    junker wrote:

It took a few sessions for my councillor to understand my view of the world. I've always felt like you just described.

Now here is the logic that helped me to deal with it, cut and pasted from my journel:

• 1) If the world really exists, its better to be happy than unhappy.

• 2) If the world is only an illusion in my mind, still, it is better to be
    happy than unhappy.

• from 1) and 2) logic dictates that it is better to be happy than unhappy,
    whether the universe exists in a physical sense or not.
    All we need now is to make sure that we do our best to be and to stay
    happy.

Now please, lets not get too deep into meta-physics, because that gets messy.