Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I added a guy on myspace at the beginning of the year and thought he was really cute, but he had a girlfriend. They split up a couple of months ago, and I got talking to him again a few weeks ago. He said he really fancied me and we decided to meet up.
The morning of us meeting, I went on MSN and his ex had added me. So when we met up, I told him about this. He said that she'd been ringing him and texting him all morning demanding to know who I was because she'd read the comments we'd been sending each other on myspace.
Well anyway, we got on great, shared a kiss, the usual stuff. When I got home, the ex started giving me a hard time, saying she was suicidal because she still loves him. She was being quite pyscho, calling me a bitch, etc. Then he says to me that he doesn't want a relationship because of her, but that he still likes me.
Well he's on holiday at the moment, but now I find out that he's chasing after some other girl. But he told me he was off girls at the moment. I know he only said that because he mustn't like me. I don't want to say anything to him about it, it's not like theres anything going on between us, he's free to see who he wants. I don't want to sound possessive like his ex. Although he did say to me he doesn't want a relationship, so he's obviously lying somewhere along the line. I really like him and in September I'm starting at the college he goes to. Looks like I can't get away from him.
What should I do? How can I take my mind off him?
Sorry if it seems a bit pointless but I want him off my mind. Thanks :D

Comments

• Options
    just buy a new computer game to take ur mind of it lol. sure just try to be friends better than hating each other
  • Options
    Go out with your friends and do stuff?
  • Options
    We already are friends, it's just he told me he didn't want a relationship, but there he is chasing after someone else. Kinda hypocritical.
  • Options
    his ex sounds like a twat. ignore her and do what you like with him. if you want a bit of fun then go for it but he doesnt really sound like good relationship material.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    But he told me he was off girls at the moment. I know he only said that because he mustn't like me.

That's not necessarily true. A guy did the same thing to me, told me he liked me then suddenly changed his mind and said he didn't want a relationship at the moment. Next thing I knew, he was dating another girl. His friend later told me that he's the kind of person who wants something, but then when he gets it he loses interest... seems kind of weird to me but I guess it kind of makes sense. I just wanted to tell you this because I knew it wasn't anything to do with him not liking me that he suddenly changed his mind, we'd been friends for over a year so it wasn't like he found out anything new about me in the few days between telling me he liked me and changing his mind. Maybe the spark just wasn't there, who knows?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    his ex sounds like a twat. ignore her and do what you like with him. if you want a bit of fun then go for it but he doesnt really sound like good relationship material.
    :yes:
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    We already are friends, it's just he told me he didn't want a relationship, but there he is chasing after someone else. Kinda hypocritical.
    Yeah people say that all the time. It's usually a load of bollocks. I can't stand it myself. Of course there's the possibility that he genuinely wasn't after a relationship, just a bit of fun, and got the impression that you wanted more. But I doubt it, because he would've (should've) discuss this with you if that was the case.

Oh, and don't carry out your relationships in the public domain. It'll stop psycho ex's interfering (well, as much).