Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blushing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When people I dont know talk to me..especially in a group I go molten lava red. It's so annoying. Especially if I'm chatting to a guy because they might automatically think I fancy them. No idea why I go red so much. Wasn't sure whether this should be in Health but it involved people and social situations so I thought..wahey.

Comments

• Options
    Rachael wrote:
    When people I dont know talk to me..especially in a group I go molten lava red. It's so annoying. Especially if I'm chatting to a guy because they might automatically think I fancy them. No idea why I go red so much. Wasn't sure whether this should be in Health but it involved people and social situations so I thought..wahey.
    okay. so what do you FEEL when you go red?
    eg. embarassed? shy? like you're being judged?
  • Options
    embarassed at the rednosity
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    embarassed at the rednosity
    so that makes it worse?
    if you think whenever you are going to be in a situation like that, that you will turn red - you probably will.
    though i meant, how do you feel about 'talking to people in groups'?
  • Options
    My ears go really red, like scarily red.

I'm alright if it's a situation I've sort of got a while to think about (like a date or whatever), but if a nice looking girl comes and sits down near me at work and starts talking away then I go really red and end up speaking shite.

Is it just blushing you do, or do you babble rubbish because you're that nervous?

Blushing can go by suprprisingly un-noticed, if you don't start rambling like a fuckwit :eek:
  • Options
    I know. I've tried not to think about it but I really can't help it. It's just blushing. I hate it so much and it can't be ignored. I'd like to think that people wouldnt notice but they'd have it would have to be pitch black AND they would have to be blind not to notice!
  • Options
    Don't worry, i blush really easy too. It's so embarrasing. I don't know why it happens!
  • Options
    It's like every time I meet new people though. I got introduced to a girl and had no reason whatsoever to be shy with her (at the pub) and I blushedd WHYYY OH WHY JEHOVAH
  • Options
    I t happens to me too. I went to the dermatologist once, and he guessed it happened to me, so I guess it has to do with the type of your skin.. Like if you get only a little bit tensed up (like in the situations you mentioned), you go immediately red.

And yes, it it completely annoying :yes:
  • Options
    that's interesting..damn our skin
  • Options
    i use to go red but then i just didn't it stopped without me doing anything. i only go red now if i make a complenty fool of myself
  • Options
    I do it when I meet new people. What made it worse last time though, was when a friend of mine introduced me to his friends' wife (at this time, I'd oonly just met his friend) and decided that it was a wonderful idea to embarrass me in front of her!
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    It happens to me too. I went to the dermatologist once, and he guessed it happened to me, so I guess it has to do with the type of your skin...

Definitely. I've got very fair skin (and fair hair) with rosy cheeks (like I need them to be any redder) also if you have any red in your hair (like I do) then you're more prone to your skin flushing red.
    I used to do that all the time, I don't do it so much now but if I'm talking to people I haven't met before in a semi-professional setting, with their eyes on me then can I feel myself turning red.
    I went to a homeopath and it helped me; I'm generally not as red as I used to be and I don't turn beetroot so often! Here's the article on homeopathy if you're intrigued.
    I think it's just getting used to that sort of situation; whether you're feeling relaxed and confident enough. If you feel yourself turning red you could try to smile and laugh more and breathe slowly to calm yourself, I was at an interview yesterday and I could feel myself doing it and I managed to stop myself from turning beetroot! :)
  • Options
    Happens to me too, kinda got used to it.
  • Options
    Definitely. I've got very fair skin (and fair hair) with rosy cheeks (like I need them to be any redder) also if you have any red in your hair (like I do) then you're more prone to your skin flushing red.
    I used to do that all the time, I don't do it so much now but if I'm talking to people I haven't met before in a semi-professional setting, with their eyes on me then can I feel myself turning red.
    I went to a homeopath and it helped me; I'm generally not as red as I used to be and I don't turn beetroot so often! Here's the article on homeopathy if you're intrigued.
    I think it's just getting used to that sort of situation; whether you're feeling relaxed and confident enough. If you feel yourself turning red you could try to smile and laugh more and breathe slowly to calm yourself, I was at an interview yesterday and I could feel myself doing it and I managed to stop myself from turning beetroot! :)
    thanks, that's very useful info actually!
  • Options
    lisalashe wrote:
    i use to go red but then i just didn't it stopped without me doing anything. i only go red now if i make a complenty fool of myself
    The same. Might sound weird, but as experienced more in life..girlfriend, job, university etc etc then it just sort of went away. It still happens every now and then, but like only really bad when someone says you've gone red or something...