Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Damn that wireless!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right so..

I'm using a bt voyager 205 with a bt voyager 1500 router to connect wirelessly to the internet via aol gold. Its previously been connected up and worked perfectly up until the other week when i had problems with flashing usb and dsl lights and therfore the computer not connecting to the internet.. so i reset the router and started again, the desktop pc is working fine but the laptop doesn't want to connect.. anyone know why this is? is there something i've forgotten to do after resetting maybe? Thanks in advance for any help!

P.s. The laptop is using a bt voyager 1060 adapter

Comments

• Options
    what channel are you using the WiFIi on?

if someone has a nearby TV sender (maybe even your neighbour) it might be interfering we got one last week and my WiFi died - The WiFi was using channel 3 .. I switched to channel 11 and it's fine now after making it higher.
  • Options
    At risk of sounding like a complete idiot, how do i know what channel its on?
  • Options
    You don't have a button on yours for the wireless do you? Mine does on the front and i press is to turn it off.