Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Selling my rig, how much?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just the base unit.

P4 2.8ghz
1gb Kingston ram
EPOX series 4 mobo
128MB ATI Radeon 9200se gfx card
1 Seagate Barracuda 80gb hdd (SATA)
Hauppauge Nova-T 900 freeview TV card
Onboard sound

How much do you think I'll get for it on eBay?

Comments

• Options
    i'll give you a tenner for it :p
    seriously though i'd say around 2, 3 hundred pound odd.
    Its a decent system but second hand stuff doesnt go for half the price of new stuff on ebay unfortunately
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nice rig.

I'll give ya £15. Better than icey.

Erm, ebay... set a reserve of like, £150 at least. You might get lucky and get £400, but don't count on it. As icey said, 2-300 probs.
  • Options
    I was gonna set a 150 res on it, I reckon about 200 would be near enough max on Ebay, might as well list and and see what happens.

Are pics important? I don't have a camera at the mo so do you think it will put people off?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yes! Pics are rather important, people do like to see what they are buying. Got a webcam or camera phone? That'll do the job... just say "Sorry, dont have a digicam at teh moment" or something.

I mean, buying blind... always puts you off, no? IF not... find a pic of your case on google or something ;p
  • Options
    I've added a link to some good pics someone else has taken, http://www.3dxtreme.net/index.php?id=blackphantom2
  • Options
    My 2.8ghz machine just sold for £180 without monitor on ebay about 2 months ago.
  • Options
    Sidtec wrote:
    My 2.8ghz machine just sold for £180 without monitor on ebay about 2 months ago.

What other stuff did you have with it like what type of ram/gfx card/DVD rw etc?
  • Options
    It had 512 Ram, 120GB Seagate IDE HDD, an old PCI TV card, 64mb geforce graphics card (can't remember which one), separate cdrw and dvd-rom all in a very, very quiet dell dimension case.

I reckon yours might go for a bit more cos you've got the fancy case and graphics card, as well as more ram.

BTW, pics are very important. Also make the ad a good un (large, colourful text and good set out etc.)