Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bonkers 16

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone got it yet? there are some amazing remixes and some great new tunes on there, definately worth getting!

Just listen to this breakbeat section in the new remix of CLSM - free your mind :shocking: :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    That is the worst music I ever heard.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Might get it just for Disk 2.

CLSM are quality but i'm not that keen on that remix..
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think Hardcore is killing good music with all the cheesy remakes :(. How much Hardcore is 100% original?
  • Options
    Hardcore died in '93.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I think Hardcore is killing good music with all the cheesy remakes :(. How much Hardcore is 100% original?
    Same could be said about most genres of dance music really...
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:

There's still a lot of original stuff. Bonkers albums have always been loaded with remixes and cheese. I'm not big fan. There's plenty of good stuff still being produced.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Hardcore died in '93.

You come out with this crap everytime and it pisses me off - I can't be bothered to get into an argument over the evolution of hardcore and sub genres etc.. Hardcore covers a lot of styles.

You're a musical snob Blaggy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You come out with this crap everytime and it pisses me off - I can't be bothered to get into an argument over the evolution of hardcore and sub genres etc.. Hardcore covers a lot of styles.

You're a musical snob Blaggy.

That's as may be. I'm right though. That track that icey linked to is dreadful.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm right though.

There's no right or wrong when it comes to musical taste - only opinions.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    True. But if you don't think you're right then you just don't care enough.

Although I think it can safely be said that hardcore hasn't moved creatively since 1993ish.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Although I think it can safely be said that hardcore hasn't moved creatively since 1993ish.

If that's you opinion fair enough, leave it at that, but we get it every fucking time.

You're like the token sad old cunt at the party who always goes on about 'how it so much better in my day' - muslcal snobbery's pathetic. People don't want to, or need to hear that.

There's an old joke about the number of old ravers it takes to change a light bulb - at least 2 - one to screw it in whilst the others moan about how it isn't as good as the last one.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Aaaah need it need it need it!
    I'll blag it off my fella ;p.
    Though that track sounds awful.
  • Options
    its only a snippet, i thought it was quite inventive really, not very often you get to hear a guitar mixed with breakbeat.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    If that's you opinion fair enough, leave it at that, but we get it every fucking time.

You're like the token sad old cunt at the party who always goes on about 'how it so much better in my day' - muslcal snobbery's pathetic. People don't want to, or need to hear that.

There's an old joke about the number of old ravers it takes to change a light bulb - at least 2 - one to screw it in whilst the others moan about how it isn't as good as the last one.

There's loads of good stuff about, a lot of it is a descendant of hardcore (e.g. breakcore/yardcore, dubstep etc).