Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I got robbed

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Two thugs took about 100 euros and my mobile. :mad:

The weird thing is, they had the mobile in their hands and said they wouldn't take it, then put it on a wall nearby and told me to wait until they're gone before I pick it up. And then they took it. What was the point of that, did they think I'd fight them for the phone?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh that sucks :(.

I'd be more pissed off about the mobile than the money tbh.

Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hope they didn't rough you up, that really sucks.

I feel really sorry for you... that is terrible. Hopefully they'll try to rob some hard nut who'll beat the crap out of them or something.

Hope something good comes your way soon!
  • Options
    :(

Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    Well, thanks. :) Yes I'm fine, no problems. Just a bit mad.

I wish they'd let me take the sim at least, it was a card thing anyway. What's the point?
  • Options
    Aww, hope ya ok.

I'd be well pissed off.
  • Options
    Glad your alright. Thats the important thing. I'll send Simba after the bastards ;)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Glad your alright. Thats the important thing. I'll send Simba after the bastards ;)
    Chupacabras work better. :p
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Zalbor. Hope you're not too shaken up. :)
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    Thanks again to the rest of you.

I shouldn't have told my mum, I think she's calling all possible relatives to say. And the next time I see my grandma she'll probably be crying about how lucky I was to escape alive.
  • Options
    Oh shit how horrible. That couldn't have been nice. I hope they get what they deserve in one way or another!
  • Options
    Thanks again to the rest of you.

I shouldn't have told my mum, I think she's calling all possible relatives to say. And the next time I see my grandma she'll probably be crying about how lucky I was to escape alive.

Yes you're lucky you aint hurt - saw the news report on the Briitsh guy in Washington who was starting a work thing for 3 months and got robbed 3 weeks into his trip - he wasn't so lucky
  • Options
    i hope they get what they deserve
    where did it happen?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    That's naff. Hope you are ok and stuff. Get your chupacabras out there to beat them up.
  • Options
    if it will make you feel any better i can try and get hold of a video my mate has on his phone of some petty thugs happy slapping some youth, said youth then chases after the first guy, knocks him out with one punch then kicks him in the face. doesnt sound that fun but its quite a victory for the little guy.
  • Options
    I hate people like that. I would be more annoyed about the phone too. I never carry too much cash anyway. Always :heart: Chip&Pin
  • Options
    Well now that I've thought about it I am worried about the phone... Aside from all the hassle of getting a new number (I hope I can use my old one with it) I hope they aren't able to do any trouble by calling/smsing my contacts.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well now that I've thought about it I am worried about the phone... Aside from all the hassle of getting a new number (I hope I can use my old one with it) I hope they aren't able to do any trouble by calling/smsing my contacts.

Call the phone company and get them to terminate the SIM.

And to all those people who say they hope the thugs get what they deserve, so do I. As in, I hope they get AIDS. People like that have no place in the world.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Call the phone company and get them to terminate the SIM.
    I did, of course, right away. But they'll still be able to read the numbers etc.
  • Options
    I did, of course, right away. But they'll still be able to read the numbers etc.

To be honest I doubt that, if the sim is killed, the thieves would spend their own money to bug random people. They did steal your mobile and cash for profit, after all.
  • Options
    Well I did tell them to just give it back, and then they did the whole unneeded trick I described in the first post... Perhaps I'm wrong, but that seems to indicate they wanted the sim.
  • Options
    You're assigning a logical thought process to their actions where none exists. They were just being a pair of cocks, stringing it out. Most likely they wanted you to make a move for the phone so they could take it when you were almost there and then laugh at you.
  • Options
    I guess so.
  • Options
    sounds like a case for a little karma
    :confused: Do you mean I had little karma? Or that I got some karma? :confused:
  • Options
    i got robbed during a musci festival in ireland called oxegen they took fags and a unused camera it wasnt the stuff they took it was more bout the fact that these creeps went throught my things and my underwear to take these items. they so stupid cause they didnt notice the 120 EURO i had in my bag aswel