Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

year anniversary...limo?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,
So, I'm planning an outing for me and my girlfriend's 12 monther. I'm thinking of renting a limo! (Found one cheap!)

But this comes with a problem... I just found out a friend of ours are renting one about a week and a half before our anniversary... Do you think I should cancel the limo idea, since it won't be special or new, and TRY to figure out something else cool like that, or just go with it anyways?

Any thoughts? Thanks! :cool:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure where you live, but here hired limos are kind of seen as tacky. If I see a hired limo driving past it will invariably be filled with 14 year old 'chavs' drinking too much fanta, and shouting obscenities out the window.

So I'd say no to the idea. Why not just go for a quiet meal?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'm not sure where you live, but here hired limos are kind of seen as tacky. If I see a hired limo driving past it will invariably be filled with 14 year old 'chavs' drinking too much fanta, and shouting obscenities out the window.

It's funny 'cause it's true :thumb:

Of course it depends on what you/she actually likes and enjoys, if you know she'd love a limo drive then go for it and the hell with what other people think! :) But generally I'd say a limo was pretty low in the originality and style stakes. The other thing I don't like about them is the idea of having a chauffeur - but then that's just me.

For my 18th my then boyfriend hired a cadillac and we went driving off into the countryside Grace Kelly-style (well, maybe not him) and then to a lovely restaurant for dinner. Putting a little spin on a classic is never a bad thing, it's just the whole limo/dinner date thing is a little formulaic.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun.. and congrats on reaching a year :D
  • Options
    yeah i think limo's r tacky
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    a night in a swanky hotel
    :yes: much better idea
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    yeah i think limo's r tacky

Depends Hummer limos are cool!
  • Options
    Depends Hummer limos are cool!
    hhmmm if u say so
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    hhmmm if u say so

Depends what you do in the limo tbh ;)
  • Options
    wee on people?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    wee on people?

Yep... Screaming "You poor bastards" :yes:
  • Options
    i don't think limos are tacky but i think they're more suited/appreciated with more people.

spend the money on something else. :yes:
  • Options
    Yep... Screaming "You poor bastards" :yes:

:lol::thumb:
    That would be the best way to spend time in a limo.
  • Options
    Alrighty...then apparently the vote is a no. Hah.

That brings about the biggest problem of them all!!!

What to do!?

The current plan...

Nice New Italian Restaurant
    A local tower overlook at night
    A movie?

I'm a man who likes to go all out...does this sound good enough? I mean, I was hoping to do something really special, but this doesn't seem that great...

Bleh...

Need ideas, stat!

(And a hotel probably won't work out.)
  • Options
    Why wouldn't a hotel work? I'd do that. In fact, we did, last week.

Your current plan sounds alright though.

Definitely wise to skip on the limo though. These days a limo is some kind of shite extended 4x4 with tacky blue neon strips like some kind of 90s chavmobile. No class at all.
  • Options
    What were your plans regarding the limo - where were you thinking of going in it?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    For my 18th my then boyfriend hired a cadillac and we went driving off into the countryside Grace Kelly-style (well, maybe not him) and then to a lovely restaurant for dinner. Putting a little spin on a classic is never a bad thing, it's just the whole limo/dinner date thing is a little formulaic.
    Was gonna say that. If you can drive, then hire something nice out, like a Porsche or something, and drive her to somewhere nice for a meal. Don't know what the requirements are for hiring out Porsches though. I assume a driving license is one of them. Do you have one?
  • Options
    Another idea. In the Lake District they do cruises on lakes. It's like a restaurant, but the boat goes up and down the lake in the time it take you to eat your meal. If there's anything like that near you, you could look into it.
  • Options
    what is with the hotel thing? why are people obsessed. I really don't like them...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    what is with the hotel thing? why are people obsessed. I really don't like them...

Yer me neither, tacky... I rather have sex in the limo tbh, at least it is more original... Hotels are goods for holiday and shit...

Just bring her at yours, cock her dinner, I mean cook her dinner and show few new moves in the bedroom area ;)
  • Options
    Just bring her at yours, cock her dinner, I mean cook her dinner

Eugh I just got images of him poking his cock in her dinner...nice!

Anyway yeah limos are tacky full stop. I'm not really a fan of hotels either, like surely it's pointless if they're just local? Fair enough if you're going away somewhere for the weekend or on holiday.

A meal is always good, maybe go for some cocktails before or something at a nice bar (dunno how old you are..).
    Personally I like a bit of a road trip somewhere different, if you've got a whole day together and it's sunny then there's plenty of stuff you can do outside, many of which don't have to cost money.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Yer me neither, tacky... I rather have sex in the limo tbh, at least it is more original... Hotels are goods for holiday and shit...

Yer, cos that's classy :rolleyes:

We did a really nice hotel thing recently. We went to a gorgeous, posh hotel, went out for a really nice dinner, had some wine by the canal and it was really nice. We didn't go just to have sex in a different bed. We went to do something different that we wouldn't do every weekend and to get away for a night without having to worry about trains or buses to get home. It was really nice, relaxed and I would highly recommend it.

Obviously, it would depend on the hotel too ...

As for ideas, it depends what their is locally.
  • Options
    i like the idea of hiring a porche - (dunno how to spell that) and going for a posh meal. I like staying in hotels - i find it a turn on lol - i guess its cos i live with my parents though
  • Options
    Hey all, thanks for the replies! =)

A hotel I -GUESS- is plausible, but not 100% sure on it due to parents. (We're 17-18 age area.)

I already own a sports car myself, so hiring a car wouldn't be a change at all.

And there are no lakes....anywhere around here...unfortunately.

And yes, I am living at home as of right now due to school...so...house is out.

So... need more ideas! :shocking:
  • Options
    Well my 1 year was less than a week ago.

So I can give you ideas on what we did.

I got him a pocket knife and a samuri sword, coz he's into that stuff, aswell as his ring that I got him for our 6monther engraved, a box of condoms, kama sutra foreplay cards, and choc body paint - yummy stuff - dark Belguim choc. mmm.

He got me a ring and my fav movie that came out as a PS2 game - as I also love PS2.

So when his parents were out we played :naughty:

We went out to dinner too.

Kinda boring but thats what we did.

Another thing I did randomly, was - and maybe if you have a close r/ship with your parents - get them outta the house, cook her a 3 course meal, candles on the table and a bottle of wine, put arrows through the house to a room where you are waiting with presents, and it will be cute as.

I did this randomly one time when he had work till 9pm and his parents were out for the night. His reaction was so cute <3
  • Options
    Okay!!! I was going to do the hotel idea, but now apparently we're going to be staying in one this weekend. (her idea!)

So.... now what?

I need more ideas! >.<
  • Options
    Limo = chav

Go for horse-drawn carriage.
  • Options
    its only a year mate and shes only your gf. fuck it, dont waste time or money doing anything.
    Anything you do now you will only be expected to exceed in future anniversarys to come so set the bar low and you have nothing to achieve :lol:

If you really feel you have to do something however, i'd suggest a meal in a nice restaurant followed by a few drinks in a quiet wine bar.