Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Failed Business Venture

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now, im not sure if this is the right section on here, but i just wanted to vent some frustration and explain my lucky escape.

Basically, i was about to buy my own small business to run for myself. It was seriously good money, according the accounts of the man i was buying the business from. When i got into doing the accounts myself i noticed the money was some what less, but still pretty good. But then, Saturday, my future biggest customer got shut down due to an E.Coli outbreak. It has been on local news on the tv and front page of the local papers here in Leeds. They are now gone, so the money is gone and my opportunity to own my own business is gone.

Lucky escape is, if this E.Coli outbreak had happened one week from now instead of now, id be £25000 in debt with the bank, over a business loan, with no to little no chance to make any money to pay it back.

So although im crushed and disappointed, i am thanking my lucky stars that i got out in time, at a loss of only the deposit.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Whoops.

Lucky you!
  • Options
    Just heard about that on Radio 1. Unlucky, but it's good it happened before you'd invested loads of money.
  • Options
  • Options
    Pretty sure they've not been shut down, if it is the dodgy pork store. They're just closed for cleaning, and while the investigations take place.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    kaffrin wrote:
    Pretty sure they've not been shut down, if it is the dodgy pork store. They're just closed for cleaning, and while the investigations take place.

:yes:

Some old codger on the news today said that he would be the first in line waiting for the butchers to reopen.
  • Options
    :yes:

Some old codger on the news today said that he would be the first in line waiting for the butchers to reopen.

One swift blow to the head and it's Grandpa burgers all round :yum:

Instead of a bun, you put them between a pair of tartan baffies. Delicious.
  • Options
    It was the place in Armley and although they open again tomorrow, the owner is already planning and shutting down all her places and renaming them to try to get away from the stigma. Basically, they wont do that business again.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Armley :lol: