Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do i stop this ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Currently using a Logitech wireless keyboard.

When i first started using it one of the most irritating thing's about it was that whenever a pop up from XP jumped out at me the mouse pointer immediatly hovered over whatever the button said, so if for example i was right clicking a file and selecting delete the following prompt box that came up the mouse would shoot across to the buton on that prompt.

Now i know it might not sound like much to you but it really really pisses me off. I work at a fast pace, when i type when i read when i do thing's on the pc and this really slows me down. When i'm trying to multi-task and i am deleting files, reading files or browsing the net and i need to click thing's if a promtp box comes up it flies off to highlight the button in that pop up and i end up clicking it accidently doing something i never wanted to do.

I've looked through the help & support, i've looked through all options from the software's setting's and i can't find a thing that allows me to stop this so here i am asking for advice months after first buying it and trying since then to persevere with it but now i've had enough of it.

Cheers in advance : )

ETA: Also how do i stop the " my pictures " folder from continually coming back after i delete the folder. It broke for some [odd] reason and i made a new one with a different name changed the shortcut picture etc but " my pictures " keeps haunting me !

Comments

• Options
    If I get your problem right I think you need to go to:

Start Menu -> COntrl Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options Tag -> Un-select "Snap To" option...

The My Pictures folder is created my some window application, so if you delete it will come back, if it bother you to see it, right-click on it -> Properties -> Select hidden option... It will still be here but you won't see it... Well that's if you didn't enable the option to see view all hidden folder...
  • Options
    you can change the pictures directory in the registry, if you do a google search for it then you'll find the appropriate keys :)
  • Options
    If I get your problem right I think you need to go to:

Start Menu -> COntrl Panel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options Tag -> Un-select "Snap To" option...

The My Pictures folder is created my some window application, so if you delete it will come back, if it bother you to see it, right-click on it -> Properties -> Select hidden option... It will still be here but you won't see it... Well that's if you didn't enable the option to see view all hidden folder...

Steps followed, mouse pointer [hopefully] working perfectly again :D thanking you nmm.

The folder thing. Hm preferebly i'd like to get rid of it so i'll do what Shyboyinthecorner has said and try to change the registry.