Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pete Doherty on Jonathon Ross

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just watched this on youtube, first time i've ever seen him being interviewed on tv.

He's very different from what i thought he would be like, he seemed genuine enough about getting of the crack and whatnot, dunno if he's talking the truth or not but seemed like he was trying

was just wondering if anyone had seen this and what they thought?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I saw it. I've seen him interviewed before with Babyshambles. I like the guy, he always seems okay. Love the Libertines' music as well. It's clear that it's the media that have created this persona around him, rather than it being what he's genuinely like imo. It's not his fault that they're glamourising his drug-taking etc, and it's not as if he's just going to quit straight away out of a sense of being a role model to all the kids, it doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    But how many times has he said the same thing? I'd like to believe that he's knocking the smack on the head but I have a niggling feeling that he won't.
  • Options
    I'm going to quit smoking as well. Best of luck to the both of us but addicts aren't the best at resisting temptation sadly.

I thought he came accross really well though. Wish he'd drop babyshambles and just do his accoustic stuff.
  • Options
    I watched it. I love him. As if you couldn't tell already. :p

I really really hope he does come off the drugs now though... but like Thunderstruck said, we've heard it all before.
  • Options
    Just watched this on youtube, first time i've ever seen him being interviewed on tv.

He's very different from what i thought he would be like, he seemed genuine enough about getting of the crack and whatnot, dunno if he's talking the truth or not but seemed like he was trying

was just wondering if anyone had seen this and what they thought?
    i was out of town and missed it ...do you have a link?
  • Options
    I watched. It could (and has been) so much worse. :p It looked like there were some awkward moments - but nothing too cringeworthy. At least he was coherant.

I can take or leave the 'I'm quitting' comments. Newsnight last year anyone? The Numerous Nme interviews? The Observer piece? He has been to rehab.. about.. 12 times? Oh well, if he's actually genuine thats great.

Oh, and Jon/anyone else - if you're looking for some new acoustic stuff it looks like there's gonna be an unofficial net release around the same time beg steal or borrow comes out, recorded about the same time too. Check Andrew Kendall or the various forums..

I'm even considering seeing him again soon. :/
  • Options
    Rolly - Videos here. Sometimes .net is a good thing.. :p
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Rolly - Videos here. Sometimes .net is a good thing.. :p
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I'm even considering seeing him again soon. :/

He's amazing live! I'd go and see him live again tomorrow.
  • Options
    He's amazing live! I'd go and see him live again tomorrow.

I know it'd be my ninth time seeing him. :p

It would be 11... but twice.. well.. y'know what he's like. He can be absolutely amazing.. or he can be an utter twat and make you wish you weren't there.. It's because of the latter I kind of gave up..
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    I know it'd be my ninth time seeing him. :p

There's not a chance I would go and see ANYBODY more than maybe 4/5 times... even Pete. :p
  • Options
    There's not a chance I would go and see ANYBODY more than maybe 4/5 times... even Pete. :p

Quite a few of those times it wasn't just him I was going to see though.. or he happened to be performing at something I was already going to.. Like the o2 Wireless festival, or the Trafalgar square gig. Either that or it was free and spontaneous - and i'm never one to turn a free gig down. :p
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    Quite a few of those times it wasn't just him I was going to see though.. or he happened to be performing at something I was already going to.. Like the o2 Wireless festival, or the Trafalgar square gig. Either that or it was free and spontaneous - and i'm never one to turn a free gig down. :p

Ahh, free gigs rock my world. I need to move down to London, there's never anything good going on for free up here!