Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New guy.. few concerns..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I've met this new lad a while ago who is really really into me.. and I find him really attractive and cute - I was on the phone to him for 2 hours last night, although I was pretty darn drunk. I've seen him loads recently, and I'm seeing him tomorrow, which I'm really hyped about.

Thing is, I'm not hearing good things about him.. he's been with a lot of girls for his age, and he's a bit of a prick to some people. Plus he seems to be a bit into his drugs..

I'm not totally worried bout this, cos I've seen a lot of it over the last year and a half, with my ex.. but I'm worried that he'll be a bit hard to deal with when hes like that. I don't know, maybe hes all mouth, but hes a bit of a pill-head when hes out and about.

I spoke to my friend who I met him through, and she says I should take heed of what people say, but I should give him a chance. Granted, he has been completely lovely to me so far. And hes sooo gorgeous :D;):naughty:.

I'm thinkin go along with things, get to know him better, but don't get in too deep too quickly, and leave at the first sign of trouble?

Any advice? xxx

Comments

• Options
    Get to know him first I think.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Get to know him first I think.
    :yes: you've only just split up from your ex, theres no rush - tbh if hes into drugs i'd stay away
  • Options
    get to know him first as a mate+find out for yourself if the rumours are true b4 getting into a relationship with him!
  • Options
    Well I kinda know that he has got a bad history.. but he said his last relationship was a huge learning curve, and hes making changes to himself about how he treats girls..
    He told me this before I really met him, so I don't know whether to take his word for it.
    I guess my ex was the same - without the drugs.. beating people up and being a prick.. its just that no-one told me anything about him back then.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Well I kinda know that he has got a bad history.. but he said his last relationship was a huge learning curve, and hes making changes to himself about how he treats girls..
    He told me this before I really met him, so I don't know whether to take his word for it.
    I guess my ex was the same - without the drugs.. beating people up and being a prick.. its just that no-one told me anything about him back then.

Hmm...its one of those things where I'm sure you have already made up your mind about what you are going to do.

I think you are already thinking you are gonna give it a try, I say if you are then go into it with your eyes open and the first sign of him treating you badly then turn away from it. People can and do change but just as many dont. I guess I'm just saying be sensible about it and take your time...good luck with everyting, let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    well if he's been lovely to you so far give him a chance. don't end it before it's begun. just chill out and enjoy yourself. :yes:
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I'm thinkin go along with things, get to know him better, but don't get in too deep too quickly, and leave at the first sign of trouble?
    Exactly fucking right. Don't let what other people say about him put you off too much, but if you do have your apprehensions then like you say, take your time. If he respects you, then he'll be fine with that, and if he doesn't, well then I guess you've confirmed what you suspected. I don't think you can read too much into how he's treating you and how he is around you right now. Guys will always always be lovely to girls that they fancy in the initial stages of any relationship. Which in my opinion is why, if you're hoping that it might develop into something a bit more than a fling or whatever, you should get to know him a bit better before you get too close to him (emotionally as well as physically).
  • Options
    yeah id get to know him, but stay alert and dont get too attached. Hope it goes well :)
  • Options
    :D I'm talking to him now. I'm actually really excited bout all this.

He's like unusually affectionate - guys are usually pretty secretive bout their feelings at first, but hes being really full on.

But I'll be cautious! I'm not as innocent as he seems to think :p xxx
  • Options
    What does he beat people up for?
  • Options
    What does he beat people up for?

He just thinks hes a bit hard.. typical chavvy mentality. Kinda like bad boys :p. Tho he's not a bully.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    He just thinks hes a bit hard.. typical chavvy mentality. Kinda like bad boys :p. Tho he's not a bully.
    how can you not be a bully when you beat people up? :confused: tbh if he thinks hes hard cause he beats people up then he sounds a bit immature.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    how can you not be a bully when you beat people up? :confused: tbh if he thinks hes hard cause he beats people up then he sounds a bit immature.
    But did you not hear, he's changed...honest.:rolleyes: They always have until the next time someone looks at them funny, haven't they? Oh well, be careful.
  • Options
    Being into drugs and sexual experience are pretty damn desirable in a bloke... loads of free drugs and a great time in the sack ;)

But no, I'm not being entirely serious. Beating people up for no particular reason sounds a bit fucked up, and if you're not into drugs and have had bad experiences along those lines with your ex then I would say proceed, with due care. Essentially you need to judge him for yourself by taking time to get to know him, and not go on hearsay.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

Nahh its more mutual fights.. he doesn't go round pickin on innocents.

He was soo lovely to me today :D.. though right now hes out with his mates drinkin and taking pills.. and he told me he had a line of charlie yesterday :rolleyes:. Pffft.
  • Options
    least he's being honest with you! :)
  • Options
    hm, i'd just be careful - a guy who goes round fighting to look hard and taking pills and shit is uncertain. I'd stay as mates for a while, then you'll see the real him. Basically i'd wait and see if he turns into a prick when he's drugged up, cause that's the main thing. You don't know how people will be when they're intoxicated. Taking pills with alcohol is also pretty stupid tbh.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    He sounds like a good craic! :lol:

So he does drugs and can handle himself - it aint a big deal. As long as he treats you alright. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

So he does drugs and can handle himself - it aint a big deal. As long as he treats you alright. :thumb:

:D hope so!
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

yeh i can't see why it should be a problem for her - or why it should hinder things with you. aslong as he doesn't try and get you involved when you don't want to be.