Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ITALY vs FRANCE - predictions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I say a hard fought 1:0 to Italy, Totti to score.

2 great defences and a lot of experience on both sides!!
I expect Italy to defend a little deep coz of Henry, and flood the midfield with a 4-5-1 system. I expect Gatusso to police Zidane, which means that he will have to come in deep all the time to get the ball leaving Henry on his own.

Roll on Sunday!! :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well I am not a big fan of foot, but I am french, so hoping France will win...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Well I am not a big fan of foot, but I am french, so hoping France will win...

Well I went to France for the first time recently, met a few French supporters and enjoyed myself so France to win! :thumb: It has nothing to do with the fact I have France in TheSite sweepstake. ;)

France to win 1:0 a Zidane header - as in the 98 final.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Italy 2 - 0 France

The Italians haven't conceded a goal apart from one own goal, and France haven't really done enough for me to believe that will change.

Hard to call finals though. The French are quite unpredictable. They'll need that bottling cunt up front to turn up though, that's for sure.
  • Options
    That's the thing with Henry. Sometimes you don't even realise he's on the field then out of nowhere he'll pull out a sublime bit skill. If France do manage pull out the best performance they're capable of I think they'll win, but as you say they're unpredictable.

I think it's a hard one to call.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    France to win 1:0 a Zidane header - as in the 98 final.

I'm predicting a 1-0 French victory, too. Can't be as specific about the hero though :thumb:
  • Options
    France was just relaxing, that's why their games were not amazing, they just save their energy for the big one, they knew they didn't needed their best performance to get there :p
  • Options
    Italy to win with Barthez to fumble a totti long ranger. You heard it here first!
  • Options
    Wiltord to equalise in the last minute ... Trezeguet to get the winner in extra time ... hey that sounds familiar :p
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Wiltord to equalise in the last minute ... Trezeguet to get the winner in extra time ... hey that sounds familiar :p

I don't actually believe Italy are capable of conceding twice. If France win it'll be 1-0 or else on penalties. Hmm, I hope I'm wrong and it's a tasty goalfest of a final to cap a great World Cup.
  • Options
    We can hope ... but i reckon it will end up being a close, tight game. Hope not. 1-0 France.
  • Options
    Yea, but even if it's tight, I expect a good game. Italy will invite France onto them I think, but if Pirlo and Totti have a good game, Italy will punish them. France are no mugs though. Far too close to call.
  • Options
    Hmm, well, I feel a little safer in the knowledge that Italy won't screw it up a la South Korea WorldCup/France Euro2000 but whether they can maintain how they played against the Ukraine and Germany remains to be seen.

I'd like to see the Italians win, but either way, I hope it'll be a good game.
  • Options
    If France play like last night or the group stages then they have no chance.

Italy will win, it will be tight though.......
  • Options
    I reckon it'll be Italy. Their defence is amazing this tournament, and I don't see France getting through it. But I'd like to see France win it from a Zidane wonder goal really. Imagine your final match winning the World Cup.
  • Options
    I'm going to predict a 3-1 victory for france with italy to score 1st in the 1st half, then henry to equalize about 10 minutes into the 2nd half then an italian player will score an own goal, then to hammer in the nails, zidane will score from a corner not long after.
  • Options
    2-1 to italy i think

1-1 at full time and an extra time goal from the italians
  • Options
    I'll feel pretty sorry for Zidane if Italy win.
  • Options
    I think France. :thumb:
  • Options
    i'm going with a 3 - 1 win for Italy
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Can't predict as I reckon it'll be close. However, I would love France to win.
  • Options
    Lovin it!!!
    I don't even wanna talk about how dirty France is....

Italy deserved it just coz of the '94 loss anyway!!!
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'll feel pretty sorry for Zidane if Italy win.

Still feel like that?

ETA Anyone else think that Materazzi must have said something racist or deeply offensive? Zidane's reaction was gutteral...
  • Options
    Still feel like that?

He was off his head. :no:

Still, intresting game. Italy were best in the first 45 minutes but after that France always looked more likely to score. In the end it was 1 bad penalty out of 10 which decided it.

Well done Italy.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Anyone else think that Materazzi must have said something racist or deeply offensive? Zidane's reaction was gutteral...

He must have said something pretty bad, but still, you don't do something like that in a such an important game. It woudl be intresting to know what was it was.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Still feel like that?

ETA Anyone else think that Materazzi must have said something racist or deeply offensive? Zidane's reaction was gutteral...

I still feel a bit sorry for him, it's an emotionally charged situation. Such a sad way to bow out. I think it's a given that Materazzi said something deeply offensive. Maybe about his mother or his Algerian roots or something.

Oh well, he obviously had to go, though I wonder if the referee reacted to the fans or did one of the officials actually see it?
  • Options
    I think that they used the video because the 4th official said something to the ref before he sent him off... until then it looked like Zidane was getting off scot free.

If will be interesting to see what FIFA do, now that Zidane has retired...
  • Options
    I think that they used the video because the 4th official said something to the ref before he sent him off... until then it looked like Zidane was getting off scot free.

If will be interesting to see what FIFA do, now that Zidane has retired...

Ban him from playing at his retirement home.
  • Options
    Never mind FIFA, the police would have to get involved if Materazzi or others make a complaint. That was an assault.