Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Inquest verdict into baby's death

What the fuck is going on here?

Clicko

Call it unlawful killing, call it diminished responsibility, they still ended the child's life through, and I quote "Chloe suffered a continuous and sustained pattern of abuse." (from the follow-up article).

But it gets better.
"The fracture to the shoulder is an unusual one - I've only ever seen it in books before.

"It requires an unusual kind of pressure - I'm guessing it would be caused by swinging the child around by the arm. This injury is probably a non-accidental injury."

What utter fucking scum. Should be locked up for at least 10 years in my opinion.

Thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Terrible. Shows the state of the courts imho.

I'd have him shot.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I'd have him shot.

I'm with you on that one... Or hanged in public, I like ropes...
  • Options
    Of course the majority of cases and the majority of judges are not like that, but you have to wonder what goes through the mind of the judge in question to hand out such sentences.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The judge must be a complete nutter.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    The judge must be a complete nutter.

I think he should get hanged too...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm with you on that one... Or hanged in public, I like ropes...

Oh, I wouldn't have him shot dead... just in the kneecaps, elbows, shoulders, balls, jaw...

Bastard should suffer for that. What a complete wanker... who would do that? As said.... what the fuck is that judge thinking? It defies belief.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Oh, I wouldn't have him shot dead... just in the kneecaps, elbows, shoulders, balls, jaw...

Bastard should suffer for that. What a complete wanker... who would do that? As said.... what the fuck is that judge thinking? It defies belief.

That story like that that tell more about today society than terrorist attacks imo... I mean, how the fuck this shit head of judge be a fucking judge... I mean how many other case did he judge like that....
  • Options
    Did anyone here actually read through the article before deciding their views?

This is an inquest, this isn't a trial, the CPS will now review the case to look at prosecutions, the judge didn't give any jail time, because that's not what this was.

The three months was for previous child abuse charges, not any relating to this incident that may come in the future.

This sounds fucking horrible, but there is no proof that a murder took place here, how on earth in some threads people can complain about what Labour does to remove civil liberties and then suddenly you all want to lynch and torture people without any definate evidence of murder -

"A doctor said the child's injuries were "probably non-accidental". "

"A defence expert later identified an earlier injury to Chloe and, in her opinion, a choking fit could have raised her blood pressure, causing previously damaged tissue inside her head to rupture.

Mr Murphy said that the prosecution could not discount such a theory and they could not prove whether the injuries were caused by her parents."

I'm afraid, sad as it is, you don't get to throw out the rule of law just because a baby is dead, and you don't get to lynch people just because you've decided (despite there being more people in jail now than ever in the history of the UK) that judges are all lienent.
  • Options
    Ahh come on Jim, I'm just trying to stir up a bit of controversy here!

You can't deny that whether it contributed to the death or not (and how the hell could swinging a child round by it's arm NOT contribute) it's pretty deplorable what the parents did.
  • Options
    Of course it is, and hopefully we're now going to see prosecutions as a result