Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Strawberry daiquiri

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When making a strawberry daiquiri (or any flavor for that matter) they all require rum. Would spiced rum work, like Captian? Or would that make it taste like shit.
We got a blender and it crushes ice like a god.

Oh, and if anybody has any real good recipes that they use, feel free to say, I don't want to waste any alcohol on girly drinks that taste like poop ;) I've always had bad luck with internet recipes, plus some of them they got on there are real complicated.

Comments

• Options
    You might like this

Red hooter

Shot of vodka, followed by a shot of cherry brandy, then a little bit of pineapple juice followed by some cranberry juice then melon liquer, then crushed ice, half a red bull can and a splash of Galiano on top. (BTW you'll need a big glass, Manhattan style maybe)
    After you've done it should look like this...

bigredhooter.jpg

It's my favourite for 5 years now...
  • Options
    Wow, thats alot of ingrediants. I think thats more things than I have in my fridge total :p

Though sounds good and if I'm ever somewhere with lots of ingrediants or a bar I'll ask for it :)
  • Options
    mmm cocktails i had some tonight i am drrrrrunk :D that spripey one looks well nice yum yum :)
  • Options
    Nobody knows if you can used spiced rum in a daiquiri instead of regular rum though?
  • Options
    I know I'm getting annoying here, so I went out and bought some light rum and the rest of the ingrediants I read off a recipe, however I come back home and realize its one you just "shake with ice and strain" but I wanted a smoothie version, so let me ask...

This recipie equels about 3 1/2 ounces (small I know) I plan on making a smoothie version out of this recipe, but how much ice would I use then?