Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shaving rash ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right this is starting to piss me off abit now :p

I used to fine when shaving, i never got a rash from it up until now. Seems everytime i shave now i end up getting a bastard rash on my neck. I've tried changing the blades, its not that. I always use shaving cream. Starting to think my neck is just allergic to the razor or whatever i dunno!! Went into work yesterday with the itchiest, reddest rash! Bloody shaving, might just grow a beard instead.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Change your cream? Can't you use hair removal cream?
  • Options
    Get yourself a proper man skin to replace your girlie sensitive skin :p

Ahah...

Try shaving while in the bath, I find that with your skin being properly moist, the stea and all it can help...
  • Options
    Get yourself a proper man skin to replace your girlie sensitive skin :p

Haha, yes .. sadly i havent turned into a man yet :(:p
  • Options
    Try shaving while in the bath, I find that with your skin being properly moist, the stea and all it can help...

Never works for me.:crying: Just shaved and got shaving rash AGAIN. Spent about 10 minutes clearing up the blood as well.
  • Options
    Dude, I know exactly what your going through!

I used to get horrible rashes on my neck. I used to avoid shaving or shave the night before to give my skin time to heal.

I found out the cause though. Basically, the hair on my neck grows out to the side (pointing towards my shoulders) so essentially I was shaving against the grain. So, I started shaving from my adams apple out to under my ear and it seems to have worked.

I still get the one off bump but its nowhere near as painfull and bloody as it used to be! :thumb:

Might not be the same thing but it's an idea.
  • Options
    Ensure you use a non-fragranced shaving foam like Nivea or Simple and use a (also non-fragranced) moisturiser after shaving.
  • Options
    Ugh, I've just shaved my legs and got a rash for third/fourth time and it's in the same place as last time. Still, at least I didn't bleed as much as last time...
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    use a (also non-fragranced) moisturiser after shaving.
    :yes: and steer clear of aftershave and any other fragrances that might irritate
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Ugh, I've just shaved my legs and got a rash for third/fourth time and it's in the same place as last time. Still, at least I didn't bleed as much as last time...
    oh dear. what razor/cream etc do you use?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    oh dear. what razor/cream etc do you use?

Didn't use cream. I just used water and a razor blade.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Didn't use cream. I just used water and a razor blade.
    well thats why then! you should never just use water, you need to protect your skin with a shaving gel. you should also use a good razor.

i use this razor which has a soap bar around it which replaces shaving foam and is for sensitive skin. its brilliant. i never get any shaving rashes, not even on my bikini line. boots have them on offer at the moment.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1047053
  • Options
    Dunno what i've done but i seem to have cracked it! :D No more rash!
  • Options
    See if this helps at all:

The perfect shave